New tyre time need advise,

Okay so atm i have set of fullrun tyres ( proper cheap and nasty budgets that came on wheels) since going to japfeast in the rain, i discovered i had no grip even at slow speeds in the wet or dry, and where really noisy on the motorway, so i have decided for my saftey its time to get some decent tyres, but dont have clue what im looking for, so need advise please,  i need 225/40/18  and also what coilovers would people recommend? thanks

I have been running conti sport contact 3's most recently but browse the forum as there is a thread on this and I cant remember all of the specific comments but I think goodyear eagle f1's performed well on the highland run (and given the recent vids of this years event they do get a good all round testing  ;) ) was one of them

• Like 1

I was running vredestein ultrac sessantas on my last blob, awesome tyres goodyear eagles asymetrics always get great reviews too

I've had toyo proxes, hated them, ok grip when it was hot, but any sign of moisture on the road and it was sliding all over

• Like 1

Think I paid £92 per corner. Get them delivered then fitted by local ATS or kick fit. Ask for nitrogen instead of air. Nitrogen is an inert gas so does not expand and contract with temp. Means your tyre pressure is constant.

Don't believe the Nitrogen hype. It will leak out of your tyres in the same way normal air does over time.....you then pump it up with, yep air, and you've paid that extra money out for nothing.

• Like 1

I agree, don't bother with it. they even tested it on fifth gear and said it made no difference.

when the tyre is put on the rim, what is inside it? air. do they remove all that air and fill it only with nitrogen? or just leave all that air in and pump up to pressure with a bit of nitrogen

I looked at Hankook but wasnt too impressed with the reviews seems wear is an issue, and thats not even having them on a performance car. Alos not many would buy again.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Hankook/Ventus-Prime2.htm

Vredstien Sessanta much better reviews for simlar price £4 more per corner.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Ultrac-Sessanta.htm

I had Yokohoma Parada Spec 2's when I bought my car in September. They were part worn obviously but the dry grip was still incredible! Gave a huge amount of confidence to hit any corner at almost any speed. Problem? If the road isn't dry - forget about it. No grip in even the lightest rain/damp conditions. Highly recommend them if you never take the car out when it's raining.

I've now got those Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's on. Wet grip has increased dramatically but dry grip isn't quite as goods do the noise at motorway speeds is definitely more noticeable. A sacrifice I'm willing to make though as the Parada's when wet were genuinely scary at times. I'd definitely recommend them for all weather use.

• Like 1

These are now standard fit on the new 2014 scoobie.

Sent from my Samsung using tapatalk

hmmm, standard fit is only a deal between both factories IMHO

look at Toyota with their standard fit Bridgestone tires; hard plastic bouncing and noisy tires if you ask me

• 3 weeks later...