Hello from Sweden

stevieg

Hello everyone,My name's Steve and im an expat from Warrington now living in central Sweden.

I've just bought my first ever Subaru and i thought i would do it properly by getting an Impreza WRX.

Scooby's are stupid money over here in Scandinavia so i had a look on eBay and Auto Trader in the U.K and found a really nice looking '02 bug eye situated 5 mins from a friends house,he went to look at it for me and bought it there and then,he say's it's absolutely mint and stupidly fast! It's only done 100k with full s/h and has had lots of money lavished on it! It cost me £2500,the same car over here would cost between £8k to £10k. So i fly over to Manchester on Sunday to collect it and my first drive of it will be a road trip through Europe back to Sweden,should be fun!

I only have this crappy little pic at the moment but i will be sure to post some photos of the road trip for you all.

post-2484-0-81039100-1400683170_thumb.jp

Hello Steve Welcome to S.O.C 

Car looks pretty nice on the picture and a rare Uk 300 Prodrive spoiler :)

And what a car to take for a drive through europe you will love it :D Just remember to try not stop off at any race tracks on the way back ;) 

• Like 1

So you're long over due owning a Subaru Impreza then ;) and its always good to have cheaper insurance. Is it more because you have imported it or just because of the car being high performance. And the fun you will have when it snows. Videos a must ;) 

Four to five months of snow and ice roads was one of the main reasons for getting the car,my everyday car right now is a 20yr old Audi 80 which is crap on ice,even with the mandatory studded tyres,so last summer i bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee on eBay and got it shipped over to Gothenburg,well,i hate it,so many electric faults and poor build quality,the Yanks are pretty useless at building cars and i could'nt take another winter in it.So the Audi and the Jeep are going and this will be my only car,it will be nice to have a car i can take pride in owning again.

Four to five months of snow and ice roads was one of the main reasons for getting the car,my everyday car right now is a 20yr old Audi 80 which is crap on ice,even with the mandatory studded tyres,so last summer i bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee on Ebay and got it shipped over to Gothenburg,well,i hate it,so many electric faults and poor build quality,the Yanks are pretty useless at building cars and i could'nt take another winter in it.So the Audi and the Jeep are going and this will be my only car,it will be nice to have a car i can take pride in owning again.

Definitely got the right car for the job I've never prayed for snow until I got the Scoob :D so fun to drive in the snow. And you know how crap us Brits are at dealing with snow on the roads. Brings the country to a stand still. I went to pick my missus up from work a few years back when we got a load of snowfall everyone was struggling to get around slipping everywhere I was just cruising mostly sideways for fun :D 

Well,it's arrived at it's new home,after a gruelling 42 hour drive,only resting on the two ferries.It's in excellent condition and one of the best cars i've ever driven,all i need to do to it is replace the front discs and pads and prepare it for winter.

30c6e5d.jpg

y1eet.jpg

zjcfio.jpg

23tsime.jpg

2hqw5uh.jpg

When you get north of Gothenburg this is pretty much all you see,miles and miles of almost empty road,got to watch out for the wildlife though,i had a moose cross in front me and believe me they are big and will write off your car if you are unfortunate enough to hit one.

htb9dv.jpg

This is what a Swedish speed camera looks like,slim,dark and easy to miss,at least the Swedes play fair and have a speed limit and camera sign a couple of hundred metres in front of every camera.

23h80v7.jpg

Quick pit stop

zlx6io.jpg

35256id.jpg

Home and washed. Oldham,Greater Manchester to Östersund,central Sweden,1500 miles,in less than two days was quite a drive,but it was a great car to do it in.I don't want to be doing it again anytime soon though!

2a5i5jl.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice glad to hear you made it back and what an epic drive but by the look's of them pictures one very amazing drive. But I bet it did feel brilliant getting it back home in Sweden. And I've seen the damage a badger can do to a car never mind a full size moose  :blink:

Them cameras are crazy looking things something of war of the worlds, but I like the idea you get plenty of warning so at least it's your own fault.  

And the car looks even better than the previous pictures I so want them fog lights :D 

• Like 1