Hello from Manchester

Cheers dave :-D learn something every day, & there's me getting the mans hopes up of a bigger turbo :o

It's one of the best things about being on here something always new to learn :) 

Anyone now how many cats the Subaru forester has? I have a leaking exhaust looks like its been there since day one lol.With the weather being rubbish I haven't had chance to find out exactly where the leak is im suspecting its the down pipe from the turbo to middle section im not sure how many pieces the down pipe comes in.if its two pieces the cat will stay and I will just replace the worn out section.If not I will decat the the whole down pipe.

I tried sticking my head under the Scooby before and the leak was miss leading it could even be the down pipes from the exhaust manifold.Gonna have to wait for dry weather :( do the down pipes from the manifolds come in two pieces? carnt tell in the diagram

stimountsandheaderLarge_zpsc9e63a59.jpeg

Thats the stock sf setup. The diagram gambit's posted is for the newer cars, we don't have the o2 sensore in the up pipe

Cheers mate I think its the middle piece that's gone.I will confirm tomorrow.Whats your name by the way

I have no idea, it's more than likely to be the same as the classic impreza, the up pipe and turbo back sections are.

Is yours looking a bit past it ? There is a heat shield on there so if that bits knackered may be worth removing it and checking the condition of the pipe it's self. May get away with removing it then heat wrapping the pipe

Randomly subaru exhausts tend to rust from rhe outside in.

• Like 1

I have no idea, it's more than likely to be the same as the classic impreza, the up pipe and turbo back sections are.

Is yours looking a bit past it ? There is a heat shield on there so if that bits knackered may be worth removing it and checking the condition of the pipe it's self. May get away with removing it then heat wrapping the pipe

Randomly subaru exhausts tend to rust from rhe outside in.

Yeah im thinking its a bit past it.The ground is still a bit wet gonna have to wait till its dry to have a look :(

Nothing heavy.Front mount intercooler,cone filter,tinted windows,different wheels,4 pot brakes,front decat pipe and a remap,dump valve,coil overs,Wouldnt mind hitting 300bhp.I want no more that's good enough for a daily runner.If I don't get it with a td04 I will bolt on a 20g compressor wheel and housing :D

There have only been a couple of people with 300bhp from a td04, its usually maxed at 280ish. Don't be too bothered about the max bhp, the td04 is a great little turbo, it spools well low down and gives punchy mid range.

• Like 1