Hello from Manchester

ej20 is the code for a 2.0 engine, ej25 is for a 2.5

not sure what turbo is fitted though, if it is the impreza wrx engine it will be the TD04

can you see the turbo to have a look at the ID plate?

It has the heat shield over it.Ive removed every bolt but the one right in front of the servo the spanner spins round on it and my socket is to big .The bolt is shagged to be fair.I come from a ford back ground ive driven subarus but never owned one till now.I want to change the timing belt on it  but never touched one.Are they hard to change and has anyone ever done one and willing to give me a hand doing the change over,im in Manchester

I'd say it's probably a tdo4 as well (good for 290 hp ish)

I can't tell you which injectors should be in your foz , as I'm not up to spec with fozzies .

But with supporting mods

If there grey they'll be 380 cc (good for 290 hp ish)

If there yellow they'll be 440cc (good for 340 hp ish)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wouldn't have thought so does seem like a small turbo for the size of a forester. and not heard of Subaru having tdo3's Volvo Mitsubishi and Fords I know have had them. :D

Is the td05 turbo the same shape as the td04 turbo.Is it a direct swap?

If you have a Td04 it should be just a straight swap I'm a bit like savage though unsure with the Forester set up. Most of the time there built just about the same so shouldn't be a problem :)

• Like 1

When im driving down the road and I accelerate I can hear a whistling noise its not load just light.Im wondering if the turbo was on its way out and if it was I would fit the td05 for future up grades.It might be a boost leak im not to sure.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you'll be running 177bhp as previously mentioned...and welcome!

Stants will confirm for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what ive read they come on the ej20 engine.I will confirm for sure this week

Hello welcome, just come across the thread sorry been busy,

If it's a uk car it will have a td03 as stock, Imports have to04's

Pop the bonnet and have a look do you have the coil pack off centre and a blow off valve attached to the tmic ?

Imports have shorter serial numbers too.

90% of impreza parts fit just need to make sure you get the right version that corresponds with your foz, exhausts are the same until the rear sections , the back box is longer, impreza ones do fit but will need to be altered, I think the standard injectors are grey, 380cc.?

As for ecu options you'll have to pull the carpet up and see what serial numbers it has on the front, some will require a completly new unit or a esl daughter board putting in, you may be lucky and be able to have yours re flashed,

Anyway get some more pics up and enjoy modding

[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T210

• Like 3

Hello welcome, just come across the thread sorry been busy,

If it's a uk car it will have a td03 as stock, Imports have to04's

Pop the bonnet and have a look do you have the coil pack off centre and a blow off valve attached to the tmic ?

Imports have shorter serial numbers too.

90% of impreza parts fit just need to make sure you get the right version that corresponds with your foz, exhausts are the same until the rear sections , the back box is longer, impreza ones do fit but will need to be altered, I think the standard injectors are grey, 380cc.?

As for ecu options you'll have to pull the carpet up and see what serial numbers it has on the front, some will require a completly new unit or a esl daughter board putting in, you may be lucky and be able to have yours re flashed,

Anyway get some more pics up and enjoy modding

[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T210

Are these engines strong then or a load of !Removed!

As long as they are looked after you can see big mileages on them.

Main difference between the jdm & euro spec cars is turbos and compression ratios,

There should be nowt to stop you bolting on a tdo4 or 5, 260bhp from an 04 should be achievable and 300bhp from the larger one. The thing stopping you from going higher would be the intercooler, no idea if the foz would take a front mount, never looked into it.

Costs begin to get a bit silly then though,

turbo, exhaust, map, brakes, fuel pump into best part of 2k already

stanton is spot on with costs. the turbo, exhaust, injectors, remap will be about £1k. but if you are going to make a heavy car faster, you WILL need better brakes, probably £800+

better brakes, suspension and losing weight will make you faster around the twisties and it will handle better 

if you want bigger power first, lose weight to make the most of it and give the brake an easier time

When im driving down the road and I accelerate I can hear a whistling noise its not load just light.Im wondering if the turbo was on its way out and if it was I would fit the td05 for future up grades.It might be a boost leak im not to sure.

Had alook at my injectors and you can see under the injector plug that there yellow injectors and the turbo is a tf035hm carnt see the rest.

Yes mate the 05 will bolt straight on, sorry the imports got grey 380cc injectors uk cars get yellow 440's so you should easily get losds more power [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T210

• Like 1