Public Liability Insurance

Gambit

Right this is a new one for me I'm trying to get a local meet sorted on the same grounds a guy had one going until he sadly past away 2 years ago. Now I've spoken to who I need to and they're happy for me to do it as long as I can show them a public liability insurance certificate. Now I know we have one for a building that runs along a public walkway at the side of where I live thats also a grade a listed building at the cost of £600 a year :angry: not being funny if a tile falls off in wind as you walk past surely it's just unlucky that you walk down a public path in high winds :( God I hate so much red tape around anything amazes me how people even get out of bed without worrying there is a claim to be made. But I know that won't cover me there. don't really think to much about it. 

Anyway it's not a business it's just a club meet on a field behind a pub. Surely if anyone comes to look around or trips and  falls, injures themselves you need to give your head a wobble and maybe re-evaluate one's purpose in life. 

• Like 2

Well I did a quick quote the least amount it would do the insurance for was £1,000.000 I might go and fall over myself ;) but £265 it's a non profit meet each car should have insurance I understand it's for the public. I know a guy who does bouncy castles local I did think about seeing if he wanted to set one up and make it a bit more car club and family day out in one. But I'm not willing to pay for it like that. but I know his insurance might cover it if he's willing.

I think might be better either speaking with one of my sisters whose a local MP not that I support Fib Dems yes she's an idiot :D

Or look elsewhere I do know a few places just thought it would be more ideal. and never once thought that insurance for a car meet that I can hold in any car park for free was going to ever be my 1st problem. :(

No I thought it did I spoke to someone at the pub, who told me it belongs to the parish council even though you have to go through the pub to get to it. So I have spoken to someone on the council about it, and  the pubs happy with us there not surprising really it's footfall and revenue. And so was the woman I 1st spoke to on the council, but's she has now spoken to the other people and they now want a public liability insurance certificate :(

I do know about another playing field with a local pub but I'm sure I might hit the same snag again :( just with another parish but I'm happy to still try. 

I've already started to look at other venues to see if we can get someone to host it. 

I wouldn't have thought something like that would need public liability insurance.

The club is not providing anything there, so there's nothing that the club can be liable for, apart from a field to stand in.

Can you see if they would accept everyone signing a waiver before entering that they do so at their own risk?

• Like 1

I did think that but I thought how sad is that going to be stood at a gate telling people to sign a disclaimer.

In the case you're Mr Bump from the Mr Men Books in disguise that during the time on such field, and viewing the cars they maybe a sudden dip hidden in the grass that could result in a bruised ego skin or broken bones or even death. if any of these does take place please sign here to confirm you agree you take your own life in your own hands. :lol:  

Seems Sky insurance offer a club cover I wonder if flux do the same. might have to speak with Dan on here 

Be great if you can I do want to do it as a monthly thing but not willing to pay loads for it when it's all going to be due to weather permitting I might ever only get 8 weeks in a whole year where it's able to be hosted on the field. :)

will try some insurances tomorrow as well as looking at other places. The boating lake near me seems to be a popular choice but full of chavs that park down there and not the best place in the world. But does have a KFC and a Mcdonalds :D 

Spoke to the girl at work they paid 180 but it was a showso recouped the outlay through tickets and merchandise. I'll get rhe name of insurer theyused Iif you like but it's still steep :-(

Cheers mate yeah not paying that I will have a look at some other places. I would have done a bit more with it on the field like sorted bouncy castles out and stuff but I'm not paying for liability insurance to do that when I'm making no money out of it at all. :(

I will email her back and tell her to stick it up her !Removed! :) 

Be the pub and the village shop I guess that will lose out on it I will just look else where if they're not willing to relook at it. 

not too sure how far from me you are gambit but i have a fairly big car park at the community center just down the road from me and they quite often hold "fun days" there i will see if i can find out who to speak to about wether or not we'd need liability insurance etc and then maybe we can look at getting a BBQ going or something

I'm near Northcotes not to far away I've worked in Grantham a few times did a full central heating job on four flats in the town center :) 

I'm toying with holding another BBQ again at my house in the garden have enough room for people to park if the interest is better than last year :D Stants my mate might want to come again with the family this time ;) 

Well look's like I might have found another workaround with it spoke to the landlord at another pub he's happy for us to use his car park as long as it doesn't affect his sunday lunch times of 4 till 6 but it also has a playing field across the road from it that belongs to the village hall. I can rent this for £12 for the full day but going to ring the person I need to speak with tomorrow see what I can do :)