wheels

Husky11

I keep looking at doing the same thing mate, google forester 17 inch wheels, think theres a post on forester.org about different rims and what the look like, for sale section or eBay will be best place for cheap wheels, price varies depending on condition & if tyres included

Sent from my SM-T210

Thanks , I've just looked at that site some nice wheels seen a forester near me with wrx wheels on looks nice & I've been offered at set with tyres for £120 in the grey colour but then again I do like the multispoke got to change the tyres as mine isn't lowered so look a bit silly with low profile tyres:)

the circumference of the wheel and tyre combination - so if the wheel increases in diameter the profile (sidewall) of the tyre needs to reduce in size to maintain the OEM diameter size and therefore circumference

it's the overall circumference of the tyre, so 1 revolution of your tyre now will cover distance 'x' a new alloy with different size tyre will be 'y', so if 'y' is 10% longer than 'x', you will travel 10% further with each revolution, so if your speedo says 70 and you are doing 70, with the wheels 10% bigger your speedo will still say 70, but, you will be doing 77

215/60/16 = (60% of 215mm = 129mm) x2  + (16" = 406mm)  = 129 +129 + 406 = 664mm x pie = 2087

215/45/17 = 97 x2 + 431 = 625 x pie = 1964

so, new tyres will be about 6% smaller than the old ones, so if your speedo says 60, you'll only be doing 56

have a look on here http://www.willtheyfit.com/

• Like 1

Not silly at all mate,

If you go up a wheel size too much you obviously increase the distance between the centre of the hub and outside and the whole footprint of the tyre which will affect the speedo. Braking, handling and various other things will be altered but you don't really notice unless you go to extremes.

Going up in rim size down in tyre will keep it roughly the same you'll just loose a little comfort with having a smaller sidewall

Technical is an understatement:) but that Web address is excellent thanks so I can put a 215/55/17 on and the difference in diameter 16"= 664.4 new 17"=668.3 circumference 16"= 2087.3mm-17"=2099.5mm speedo difference 0.58% so 30mph would b 29.82mph 60mph =59.65 so that's not to bad is it phew :)

• Like 1

I have a set of wrx wheels off my 04 wrx. They're the original bronze colour, 215/45r17 on 17x7j 5x100pcd. Let me know if you'd like them (I don't know how much they're worth). They've got 4 matching (budget) tyres on them with about 4mm tread on all.