Subaru Impreza 1.5 R

Corfate

Hi folks,

I'm just asking for some advice. 

Since my 207 GTI is throwing it's toys out the pram as usual, i'm looking for different cars and as my friend has a legacy, a Scooby has caught my eyes. 

The thing i'm worried about is the presumably big drop in power and increased fuel consumption. 

In the GTI, it's a 1600cc Turbo'd block, with about 175bhp, and milking it, i managed to get 44mpg on the motorway, or 35mpg booting it. What can i expect out of the scoobie linked below?

Can anybody give me some advice on the link below? Anything to look out for? 

Due to my age, a 2.5L is out the question :( 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201405244460516/sort/default/usedcars/page/10/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/price-to/5000/postcode/yo433rb/radius/1501/make/subaru?logcode=p

Debating between the above, and this one. 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406084854672/sort/default/usedcars/radius/1500/page/1/make/subaru/fuel-type/petrol/model/impreza/quicksearch/true/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/transmission/manual/postcode/yo433rb/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l?logcode=p

Seems silly to spend £1k more for a smaller engine, even if it looks abit nicer? Won't cost too much to turn the silvery one into something nice :) 
Thank you :)

You're not going to get frustrated moving from 176bhp to roughly 100bhp?

Yeah, i will do most likely, but due to the pug being a CAT D, it's only roughly worth £3k so it limits what i can get power wise for my money :/

I also really recommend you look at fuel and running costs, they arent cheap cars, N/A arent the most pricey or needy but if you are dropping that much bhp you might be bored after a while and be stuck with it, and N/A's dont go for much these days. Though on the Pro's side, you arent driving a terrible little french bag of crap anymore, it may have had more horses but you'll get noticed more in a scooby and it makes a nicer sound, boxer engine purrr, mmmmmmm :wub:

sadly, i have to report that my friend Mr Corfate has bought a Vectra. :(

I tried boys, i tried to show him the way to Subaru, but it seems he's opted for a an inferior car all together :(

and yes I called him a knob lol.

Just thought i'd add...

I've got myself a 1.5 Impreza Wagon and I really like it.  No, it's not the fastest car I've ever owned but it's relatively cheap to run, well put together, clean and it works.  I have motorbikes for when I want to tear-!Removed! around but having said that, put your foot down in this and it shifts along.  Where I live you can't go faster than the car in front of you.  I don't have a problem with them at all.

It's a Subaru with 100hp.  What's the problem?