engine change help please!

loudliam90

If you have the time and want to get your hands dirty and like the idea of building your own car thats cool. but me personally would sell the non turbo scoobie and search the internet for a good turbo sti and start from thair as thair is loads to choose from but defo do your homework on the car .

• Like 2

Agreed, it is a lot easier and cheaper to start with a turbo car than to convert a non-turbo. But if you are thinking of doing something completely different then perhaps fit a 3.0 H6 engine from a Legacy. Perhaps throw on a supercharger to make things really interesting.

It really depends on how much money and time you have to throw at it.

• Like 1

If you're interested I will be selling my old engine 2.0 wrx turbo. Big end Shell has gone so will need them doing but apart from that it's had new pistons and uprated rings. Both heads been skimmed.

It had done 69 miles then threw the big end bearings.

Let me know if tour interested.

• 1 month later...

Cheapest way is to buy a WRX turbo they start from £800 i changed my WRX to STI and it cost me ££££ it would of been cheaper to buy a STI thats my next car  :)

• Like 1

if I was doing this I would change to a sti or wrx being a ex sport owner I can tell you its not just a engine change. they are different under the back as well and brake system is different.

• Like 1