New member saying Hi

DazS78

Another quick question or 2.

What is standard boost on a classic wrx? Mine is supposed to have a z4 ecu. What are they and how do I tell. Also it's supposed to have a td05 hybrid turbo. Again is there any way of knowing? Thanks again guys.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Take the passenger foot well carpet up and remove the kick pannel to reveal the ecu , it should have a sticker with the ecu code on .

The z4 ecu runs a slightly more aggressive map think it's 0.8 or 0.9 bar of boost and about 260 hp .

As for the turbo it will have a id code on the inlet side tdo5 h ...

But the code probably won't tell you if it's a hybrid unit .

Unless it's a aftermarket turbo(andy forest ect ..) made that way from the factory . most hybrids are standard converted turbo's .So they will have the standard factory code stamped on them

• Like 1

Thanks again savage. Mines running 1.1 bar at full whack. Is this ecu easy to remap again as It has a hesitation spot occasionally and apparently the previous owner had put bigger injectors in after the original map so it will probably need doing again. Also it supposed to be around 320 horses. Does this sound about right with this turbo and ecu with supporting mods eg the front mount Hks intercooler etc. I have also read that it's recommended that the coil packs are changed to the newage type. Is this also right?

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk