3.0 auto real world mpg

david1972

Considering one of these now quite seriously. Can some owners please tell me the real world mpg they are achieving?

Many thanks

Yes......The 1st time I went up to Edinburgh from Accrington I set the cruise at 68 MPH purposely and I got 30 MPG.

Around town its around 22-25. I use mine as a work horse so I need the best MPG really but the 3 ltrs performance I think is well worth it. Just now and then I take the trainer-wheels off her and give her a boot full and it brings a warm glow inside and a big smile outside.

The 2.5 will get you closer to 40 on a run and maybe 33-35 around town....they are a handy beast but they don`t come close to the 3 ltr. 

loving the thought of 'boot full' - I'm thinking that will happen on the test drive tomorrow. I plan on asking to be directed to a roads, b roads and dual carriageways to sample all of the joys  ;)

loving the thought of 'boot full' - I'm thinking that will happen on the test drive tomorrow. I plan on asking to be directed to a roads, b roads and dual carriageways to sample all of the joys  ;)

It should be whisper quiet on tick-over once warmed up and you realy only hear the engine when you gun it.