Newbie With His First Impreza

Tom163

Hi all,

I'll keep this brief, my names Tom from Nottinghamshire and just got my first Impreza a few days ago and love the thing! I have had other fast cars in the past like a MK1 Focus RS, big power Volvos & screaming N/As but I can see why the Imprezas are so liked there is just something special you feel when sat behind the wheel :D.

The car itself is a 01 Impreza WRX Wagon running around 240 ish BHP (est). The car started life as a demo car for a Subaru Dealership so was spec'd out :D and kept in great condition as you can imagine then owned by a old woman on a farm were it was still serviced bang on time but the body condition was let slip a little but nothing that cant be rectified with time and care and finally my friend Mark who I bought it off. I will be putting a project thread up very soon so i'll leave this here.

Looking forward to contributing to the forum looks like the best place for anything Scooby in the UK.

1_zps74b26095.jpg

Thanks

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

Car looks in amazing shape for the age and as Gem said not many in green seemed to have been given the nickname Godzilla on here :) 

They do have a sense of presence about them on the roads and you will find most scooby drivers will wave or flash the lights at you as they go past if you haven't seen that yet. :) 

And thanks you for the kind words about the forum we have some fantastic members on here all friendly and we try our best to help where and when we can. :) 

So just jump straight in on the forums :D 

Hiya and welcome, nice to have another bug wagon owner. Looks great in green it's a rare colour.

Thanks for the welcome....your not far from me at all as I spend most of my time in Rotherham at my girlfriends :).

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

Car looks in amazing shape for the age and as Gem said not many in green seemed to have been given the nickname Godzilla on here :)

They do have a sense of presence about them on the roads and you will find most scooby drivers will wave or flash the lights at you as they go past if you haven't seen that yet. :)

And thanks you for the kind words about the forum we have some fantastic members on here all friendly and we try our best to help where and when we can. :)

So just jump straight in on the forums :D

Thanks mate and I love the colour myself makes it a bit better knowing its rare hahaha. I may have to steal that nickname for mine seems to fit the car very well  :ph34r:. To be honest I have only been past one other Scooby since owning the car and he was looking the otherway so I just looked like a muppet waving at nobody.

I am going to get signed up properly as a premium member late today as it looks great value.

Cheers Tom

• Like 1

Yeah it happens sometimes done it myself so sometimes I just give the lights a quick flash just to make sure they see me :D

Even then I have had a few just look at me gone out but I just think they're new to the Subaru world :)

Well if you're interested the Sheffield lot have a meet taking place on the 14th I'm a little bit further away but holding one on the 15th near Caistor :)

And I think it's great value for money really the premium membership Halfords discount card with 15% off we're the 1st and only car club ever to have got this privilege :D

So that alone I think is worth the cost, but lot's more there too and we have other companies on here that offer Discounts too from breakers yards, to Japspeed and many more being added :)

Gem I see Sak had a WRX wagon in not sure if he's sold the seats in it if you want to try him let him know you're a S.O.C will do you a good deal :)

AS World, Britannia Mills, Britannia Road
Huddersfield

01484 649425

Wotcha and welcome Tom - that is a great photo did you use a filter or anything, really shows off that colour, we have a couple of members who are quite adept with the old SLR. Will keep an eye out for the project thread as I do enjoy a good nose at others work :)

Yeah it happens sometimes done it myself so sometimes I just give the lights a quick flash just to make sure they see me

Even then I have had a few just look at me gone out but I just think they're new to the Subaru world

Well if you're interested the Sheffield lot have a meet taking place on the 14th I'm a little bit further away but holding one on the 15th near Caistor

And I think it's great value for money really the premium membership Halfords discount card with 15% off we're the 1st and only car club ever to have got this privilege

So that alone I think is worth the cost, but lot's more there too and we have other companies on here that offer Discounts too from breakers yards, to Japspeed and many more being added

Gem I see Sak had a WRX wagon in not sure if he's sold the seats in it if you want to try him let him know you're a S.O.C will do you a good deal

AS World, Britannia Mills, Britannia Road

Huddersfield

01484 649425

I will be sure to flash the lights then :D may end up making a few new Subaru friends lol. I will have a look into more deatil about this meet, i'm working until 7pm so time depending I may get over.

I have just had a look through all the discounts and to be honest I would make my money back straight away as I need some pads so with the discount from EBC I will get about £16 off some pads!! Win Win. :D

Wotcha and welcome Tom - that is a great photo did you use a filter or anything, really shows off that colour, we have a couple of members who are quite adept with the old SLR. Will keep an eye out for the project thread as I do enjoy a good nose at others work

Thanks mate! to be honest that is not my picture I stole it off my friend Mark who was sold it too me. I beleive he did use a SLR but no tweeking was done to the picture. I took a few more pictures myself after I had waxed it all etc and came up the same really the green tones are really deep which is great for the age :D I will pop them in the up comming project thread.

Can meet up next time you are over Tom if you want, would be great to see another wagon

That would be great :) we will have to arrange something soon when we are both free to meet up and have a nosey at each others hahaha.

• Like 1

Ye just message me.

Will do indeed :)

Welcome to the club:) car looks great and the fact you have the rare as rocking horse poo morrette headlights is a real brucie bonus :D

Thanks mate :) I thought they were Morrette lights but it doesnt say anyware on the lenses just says Valeo which is usual OEM stuff I think. The dealer must have popped them on aswel when they owned it :D.

Welcome

Thanks matey :D

Glad to see a fellow wagoner

I love it :D a bit different than the saloons which is always good! yours looks great mate...the old shape ones must be getting really rare now?