08 sti kenwood sat nav

gromit105

hi guys new to the SOC just wanted to say Hello and see if anyone can help.

i have a 2009 sti and have bought a Kenwood sat nav, its a subaru item with a subaru harness. fitted it in accordance with the fitting instructions and took it to my local dealer but he told me that they couldn't unlock it, so now it just sits their with security on the screen. anyone got any ideas

Hi mate and welcome... Did the seller not give you the radio code with it! Maybe it jotted down in the instruction manual? Anyways I'd contact the seller and also ring round a few other dealers some may be more willing to help if they can :)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

If this link doesn't help.

http://www.tech-faq.com/how-to-reset-a-kenwood-security-code.html

May have to go to a local authorised Kenwood service agent rather than a Subaru dealer.

Look on here with the drop down menus and it list 2 places in Norfolk 1 in Great Yarmouth and one in Norwich.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/where_to_buy/

I had to do it with my pioneer and ended up at a car radio shop that looked like it was still in the 70's, it was an old fella and he plugged in an SD card and it was unlocked in seconds.

hi guys thanks for the info. have to say phoned a few subaru dealers most were very helpfull. looks like it might be my fault, their is a 3rd connector i need to connect to get it to work but i have had most of my dash apart but cant locate it. might have no option but to take it to a dealer. hate to give up on these things, know what i mean when you start it its good to get it working

hi all just got back from my local subaru dealer. had to get them to fit the unit in the end, so that was an extra £120 on top of the purchase price. still its working now. when the weather gets a bit cooler i will pull the head unit out and get some pics. thanks for your help guys, now the next thing i need is a workshop manual for a 08 sti UK model anyone know where i can get one?

• Like 1