Exhaust Question and Quote?

Sports cats won't always pass the emissions, speaking from experience

oh really, hmmm that's annoying.

Will see what Martin suggests when i see him next week.

lol why do we even needs cats anyway, silly emission laws.

He'll point you over the road lol.

Mine has to be super got to hit the right emissions target. So Que a 'drive' up the motorway before I go to test station

Mine failed the emissions test on the MOT last year, but passed the retest. So I'm guessing the tester did something similar. Whether or not that is because the OEM cats are knackered and need replacing I don't know.

Hmm, after a bit of research it looks like a decat would need a remap. lol so thats about 700-800 for decat and full exhaust then maybe 400-500 for a remap... lol pretty expensive 

They were telling me that the uses vehicle specific targets but if it doesn't pass they can use a 'general' target. How true this is I don't know as I also saw how they got mine through this year [emoji51]

I had a sports cat put on as a, it gets round the remap issue and b, part of the m.o.t is a visual one so unless your on good terms with them they'll fail it for not even seeing it in place

• Like 1

300 for the cat and 350 for the rest of it. As it's different to the impreza at the back they made the whole system in a morning and fitted it, i got mine from a place that Martin recommended just round the corner from his.

www.cobrasport.com

• Like 2

300 for the cat and 350 for the rest of it. As it's different to the impreza at the back they made the whole system in a morning and fitted it, i got mine from a place that Martin recommended just round the corner from his.

www.cobrasport.com

thanks bud, will pop them an email.

I could have got probably a cheaper system from Powerflow but mines got twin resonators in the middle as I didn't Want an excessivly loud car and it's got the usual lifetime warranty

hmm yeah I looked at powerflow a while back and reviews seemed to be a bit hit and miss.

what are twin resonators btw?

Just silencers, normal systems have one. Most scooby owners have straight through pipes make it loud, but as I have the misses and a baby to please I went for the quietest option so it's under 98bd static but once on the move and over 2k it sounds like a subaru should

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Getting my Longlife system fitted tomorrow Tom; picking the car up Wednesday - looking forward to reporting on it with pics and performance in this thread and the 'what have you done to your subaru' thread - I suspect I'm yet to feel the full power of the 3.0l engine since I've had it due to the state of the OEM exhaust

• Like 1

Getting my Longlife system fitted tomorrow Tom; picking the car up Wednesday - looking forward to reporting on it with pics and performance in this thread and the 'what have you done to your subaru' thread - I suspect I'm yet to feel the full power of the 3.0l engine since I've had it due to the state of the OEM exhaust

sounds good mate, looking forward to seeing and hearing the new zorst :)

• Like 1