Subaru oil seperator mod

Rick 2014

Has anyone done this mod.I have the breather pipes going to the air intake pipe on my turbo do I stick these breather pipes that are going to my air intake pipe to the oil separator and blank my air intake pipe off.Im doing the blob eye powersteering pipe mod in the next few weeks so my power steering tank will be remote so I can fit a bigger air intake pipe and fit a metal version of the pipe.

I think Most people that fit a bigger /smoother bend air intake pipe delete the oil breathers via a oil catch can .

buy a bigger dia intake pipe with no oil "take offs" to get the full benefit

can't see why you couldn't blank off the ones on the oe intake though , just wouldn't increase air flow as much .

• Like 1

I think Most people that fit a bigger /smoother bend air intake pipe delete the oil breathers via a oil catch can .

buy a bigger dia intake pipe with no oil "take offs" to get the full benefit

can't see why you couldn't blank off the ones on the oe intake though , just wouldn't increase air flow as much .

My idea is to fit a bigger bend lol.When I said blank the other bits off I was trying to explain what I was after.Do I just move the pipes from the air intake pipe to a catch tank then.Does anything need adding to the sump

Tbo I haven't researched where the excess oil returns to from the catch can as I haven't fitted one myself .

I'm also unsure what happens to the vac pipes if you buy a bigger dia intake pipe with no oil " take offs ".

I might fit a catch can in the future so if you do research the route of the pipes let me know how you get on , pls bud

• Like 1

You can fit the tank and empty every so often or have a return to the sump - leaving the sump out is simpler and you can get tanks with level windows on the side to see how full its getting.

TLag has done a breather system on his Legacy project build - has initially doubled up on the tanks but I dont think you would need to do that.

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/topic/3910-my-buildconversion-project/page-7

• Like 1

Ive only got a 2 litre.I was thinking that the 3 breather pipes that go to the air intake pipe are just switched to a catch tank.My reason for looking into this mod is for better breathing for the Subaru and bigger outlet for flow with out restrictions and any boost leaks that can happen between the turbo and maf.Im after make a solid intercooler type pipe with a piece of silicone hose either end to mount on to

I run mafless atm so any leaks on the "suck side" of the turbo don't affect mixture . As it's now controlled by the m.a.p sensor and a intake temp sensor fitted in the fmic pipework.

I had thought about trying to enlarge the intake pipe and moving the power steering res to allow for a less restrictive intake .

Have a google for "ash" silicone hoses for custom bends and bores[emoji6]

and keep me updated on your progress pls fella [emoji106]