turbo

cheech

Quick Google and it's probably a ihi vf48

It seems its better suited to the 2.5 ltr (shame cos I'm running a 2ltr)

Saying that if nobody else wants to repair it and you don't want to much for it.

I do fancy having a go at building my own turbo but, wouldn't want to spend to much on bits to play with.

I won't insult you with a offer as I need to do some more research first .

to see if it will definitely mate up with the p20 or 7cm exhaust housings I've got in my box of bits .

then finding out if it will perform any better than my current tdo5 on my 2ltr ,which so far I don't think it will (unfortunately)

For now Just bear me in mind if nobody else wants to repair it pls bud and glwts

Yeah that's the general opinion for the 48 , but I wanted it for spares to play with [emoji6]

Just thought if I can find out the exact size's I might be able to make a hybrid with a bigger 48 inlet turbine then bolt n balance a smaller 2ltr exhaust housing to it .

You know me bud I like to play and make things work a bit different [emoji4]

Hence not wanting to pay to much in case it won't work and I end up with a £150 paper weight [emoji5]

• Like 1

thats exactly what the 35's are really :) have a look at the turbo thread i put up ages ago it has the list of all turbos on it and what housings they have, i also dont think the 40's where a straight bolt on our engines ? i know the twin scroll need alsorts to make fit.

Yeah I looked into twin scroll on a 2ltr you need twin scroll sump , dipstick, oil pick up, headers, upipe , downpipe and turbo .

Imo it's not worth it without avecs heads to get the most outta the conversion anyways .

Just a case of idle hands for me as my project hasn't moved for a while .

How's your running in going ash ?

totally agree with you Sav, i'm same  but that why i have a project car, just a shame scoob is draining me at the moment.

700 miles and counting and booked it in with JGM to have an Alcatek and remap on the 18th of September. Cannot wait for boost :)