arcticfox

Morning,

Just thought id put up a quick hello from myself.

Don't currently own a Scoobie but on search for one at mo. Currently got a Zafira that i had because i had 2 dogs and 2 kids. I don't have the dogs no more and don't really need all the space in the car now.

I have my car to trade and about 2k to play with if funds allow so prob around £3500, Would I be able to get a clean example at this price ???

Was on the hunt for a R33/34 but its a no no for 2 cars at home at present and need a car i can tow with which leaves a WRX in the books.

Any help or info would be great for a newbie to Subarus would be great.

Kind regards

Jordon

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I'd say the WRX is a good choice but would also look at the Legacies and forester also. Forester might be a bit bigger than you need but all come with power and AWD. Just some food for thought :D 

• Like 1

Hay bud, Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes looked at the legacy and Foresters but trying to get away from a Big "Ish" cars

No problem, not all the legacies are big they do a saloon version :) But Imprezas equally good car so much so have two in the garage :D was you looking at wagons or saloons ? 

We get some nice ones posted in the sale section from time to time, so worth checking that out :) 

Welcome ! I wouldn't touch a cheap r34 !!

Infact I wouldn't look at r33 sub 4k unless it was standard

Neither would i, Was gonna save around £10k for it next year but want something to have some fun in while i decide what im going to do

No problem, not all the legacies are big they do a saloon version :) But Imprezas equally good car so much so have two in the garage :D was you looking at wagons or saloons ? 

We get some nice ones posted in the sale section from time to time, so worth checking that out :)

Prefer a saloon but not fussed if price and condition is good

Well take a look in here it's worth the look 

http://uk.subaruownersclub.com/forums/forum/17-subarus-for-sale/

I will keep an eye out I do keep looking at scoobs I'm toying with getting an 06 hawkeye at the minute. So might see one, should be able to get a blobeye for that money I would have thought or a really nice Bugeye with lot's done to it :) 

I've seen a few people with 200k + on one engine depends on how well it's been looked after really regular oil changes is one of the most important things but might not be on the service like most people on here I'd say I do my own. But yet I still had to get an engine rebuild done after just 60k miles. But as long as it's not had loads of previous owners and history with it. You can normally tell from the owner you're buying from how they are with regards of thrashing it everywhere. But getting car with over 100k wouldn't bother me too much with the above looked at :) 

Ah a bug eye. Nice. No mention of service history. I'd want FSH. Also looking at the wheels and spoiler that's been added I would be interested to see what else has been messed with especially engine wise. High miles, no service history and buggered about with engine Id run a mile [emoji4]

Also, when I was looking I found it really tricky to tell condition by pictures and frequently was disappointed with the paper work or condition of the car. So expect to find a shed and if it's not you'll be pleasantly surprised [emoji3]