need some new clay

stants

My bilt & hamber clay is dead, so recommendations for some new stuff please ?

Bought it as it works with just water, but found it left residue on monday maybe because it''s old.

Whats the meguires stuff like or should I be looking at something else ?

Cheers pete, may go for the soft or medium one this time then,

Bowthruster, it's really simple just use loads od lube and don't press on too hard. Have a look on youtube for ways of doing it.

I like using the bilt&hamber stuff as can use it with water, being paranoid about scratching the car I use a hosepipe on trickle wet an area on the car about a square foot then just rub the car with clay, always go in same direction. You'll feel it stick on the particles and after a couple of passes it will be smooth as silk.

As long as you give it a really thorough clean before hand should be ok, I've just done subaru for the 1st time although it looked clean it felt rough as, afterwards my mum commented that it was like silk. You can see the dirt come off onto the clay. All you do is knead the clay into a fredh side and carry on. Well worth doing

Only thing with the megs is that you have to have the quick detailing spray to lubricate it. The Bilt Hamber works with just water so saves you the £16 for the spray and the B&H clay cost just under £11 so it better value for money. They also do 3 compounds regular medium and soft. So for the price of the megs kit you can get a regular and soft.

http://www.bilthamber.com/clay-bars

• 3 weeks later...