sgreig76

Hi everyone, 

I have just joined the forum and its great. I have been reading previous posts on fixing power steering issues, after reading I changed the o ring, fluid and the belt myself which is a first for me :) and what a difference to my car. So a big thank you to all the members who posted the remedies. I am about to service my 2000 subaru legacy estate 2L petrol and would like to do this myself, I have done the oil+ filter, air filter and cam belt. what else should I change? car doesnt have a service history and its just over 100000 miles

wotcha and welcome - thank you for those kind words we are fortunate to have a great set of members.

If it was me I would check the brake pads and discs for wear, replace if necessary and bleed / flush through with fresh dot5.1 brake fluid.

Also consider an ultrasonic clean of your injectors and replace plugs, combined with all you have already done you should be in good shape

Thanks for the advice, never heard of ultrasonic injection cleaning, but defo look into it as I am having some issues, my check engine comes on now and again, when it does its only firing on 3 cylinders.I replaced plugs and think I will do the ht leads next, not sure which ones to buy thou. Should I stick with subaru or are after market ones suitable, I was looking at a set of bosch ht leads

As for my servicing I have replaced discs and pads, plugs and new full exhaust which cost a lot :o , changed to 5w 30 oil which I think the car runs better with, was thinking of replacing maybe the transmission fluid, fuel filter,air filter, pcv valve, not sure if I need to do transmission fluid thou? anything I have missed?

bosch leads are fine for your motor, you may have a defective coil pack depends on the codes generated, transmission fluid is worth doing, again, dependant on last time it was changed, I believe the fuel filter is attached to the pump on your model so hold off until you change the pump, as you have been quite extensive, whilst you are looking you could do the rear diff fluid