Subaru Legacy GTB twin turbo, Prodrive

Tlag

Up for sale is one of my babies. It's a 1999 BH model legacy estate.

This is a fairly rare one. It was imported brand new into UK by Prodrive in. Banbury and registered brand new by them. Amongst the massive paperwork history is the original owners book with Prodrive shown as the first owner.

It does mean that this has been supbjected to the British winter roads for 15 years and to be honest, it's not done too badly but has two small areas of rust. These are at the rear of the rear wheel arches. The worst one is in the picture below. It's not in holes, so is save able. That's the worst bit of news out of the way :) the only other issue is the rear bumper. Someone has ran into the rear bumper at low speed in the distant past. The bumper is fine but the paint on it has cracked due to the flex. After that, someone has fitted a towbar for protection.

The good bits:

I bought it with blown head gaskets. I have had the engine out, stripped, cleaned, rebuilt with skimmed heads and new head gaskets. Full service done at the same time and I've done almost 500 miles since, just to make sure everything is in order. The engine pulls very strongly and both turbos boost as normal which means 280bhp under your right foot ;) the car shows 150000 miles, but it's obviously been very well looked after through its life, and considering the above, it's good for many thousands of miles yet.

The only modification on this car is a sensible one. 4 pot brakes and drilled and grooved disks.

The gearbox dosnt have the usual gear stick slop either. It drives very nicely.

Half leather interior, Pioneer single din Stereo with USB input. (Works with Apple phones and pods too)

Mot until January and tax for about 4 months

These generally go for between £2200 and £2400.

Simply due to the paintwork issues, I'm only after £1800.

Here's the pictures. Any questions, please ask.

0DE84A83-B750-48E3-B85D-16C2FEF5F7DD_zps

B1BA06C1-CBD4-4F4A-BAFB-F7209D20AE4A_zps

558DD0CD-FF9E-4855-A994-0E69940E3502_zps

4C4FA60D-3022-4962-BFEB-4D680649CD6A_zps

57E6559A-0192-45F6-86ED-5CE877345B31_zps

DDD875CB-9389-43CC-9113-D94084D0B4D8_zps

• Like 1

Thanks Gambit, it is a nice one. I just realised that I haven't explained in the advert. For those that don't know it's a JDM Legacy 2.0l twin turbo model. That's 280bhp as standard and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. These are real practical sleepers.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's too cheap and frightening people off. Not had much interest and need it gone to make space. I don't really want to put it on eBay. The last car I sold on there just attracted time wasters. :(

• Like 1

I must admit I would worry it was too cheap as the saying goes. :( But seeing as I know you from here and that you work with the engines it wouldn't put me off in the slightest. If I hadn't had put the repairs off on my car waiting for this money I would have bought it even if it was just to sell on later bargain price. 

If I had the folding magic I would have this for the father in law - ever since he went in our hatch he hasn't stopped going on about Scoobies - only sorry I cant have your arm off :(

• 3 weeks later...

The problem is that it's a small audience. People new to the subaru marque only know of one model, the Impreza. You see it all the time in wanted adverts. They just put 'subaru wanted' They just don't know about Legacies, Foresters and Justys. Or for that matter, the Tribeca.

Even if they do know about the Legacy, they just don't realise that it's actually more performance than the Impreza. Admittedly, most folk want an Impreza, because it's an Impreza if that makes sense. I wonder how many Impreza wagon owners would have a Legacy if they knew about them.

Hmmm might be right. I think it's more the style now I've always know about the legacies and have always said if it hadn't been for them the Impreza probably would never have been born. I'd be more than happy to own one I just like the shape and design more of the Impreza saloon. But I agree if I was looking at the wagon I'd without any doubt look at the legacies too. More than likely buy one of the wagon. I think as for the other models Subaru don't seem to advertise the cars like they should here :( look at the XV looks great I'm still to even see what advertisment for it though :(