First scooby.... decisions, decisions

Noobaru88

Well the bug can look nice I've loved mine for many years. I've also said burns won the wrc in 2001 and at the end of the day its a scooby. Even if I'm going hawkeye route soon [emoji6] and have a blobeye in the garage also. I would never be put off having a bugeye and as the picture can be made to look amazing. But I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder lol

That is a huge amount, especially given it is ultimately a performance car. I've always known that scoobs were pretty well made but 240k is a stack. I've currently got a Honda diesel and you can say what you like about it being dull but it is an absolute tank. Currently on 89k and never needed anything.

Well the Cambridge guy turned down my offer of £2,200 (not entirely surprised) as he's got 2 guys and a company coming to look at it at the weekend. He said he's only done 6000 miles since march when the brakes were changed and the oil has been done in line with the service schedule which means it's probably been done at least every 5k. Do the scoob service books officially dictate that an oil change is required every 5k or is this something that only gets done as often as it needs if the owner knows what they are doing?

How many miles do you do?

Just given FB tuning in Risborough a shout to see if he does pre-purchase inspections which handily he does. Really nice guy and gave some helpful advice and food for thought!

Nice always handy to take someone along :) 

I'm not sure now lol I used to clock up about 16k to 18k so maybe about 14k now give or take a bit depending if we have any meets on or events like Japfest. When we get members pay to join the right club that is ;) Not going to mention any names :D 

Perhaps Im a bit mad then..as nearly all my cars ive owned including the scoobies I tend to change oil twice a year.

I'm with you mate, jap cars seem to like love fresh oil so it can't hurt I only dod 6k last year will be a little more thia year though

Well I’ve spoken to my local dealer (bulldog twyford – really nice bunch of guys) and they can’t find the prodrive scoobie on their
system so feels like it probably hasn’t had the kit fitted from standard. Also, looking at the chassis number, he reckons it might be a parallel import which alone isn’t a massive problem but coupled with the lack of history and stuff this is beginning to look a bit susp.

On the bright side he thinks he might know someone trying to sell a WRX 300 with a full dealer history, recent new rear shocks etc, etc… possible deal to be done! :)