New bonnet

Can anyone tell if i can just take the bonnet from a 98 impreza turbo and stick it on my 98 impreza sport/wagon? 

Hearing loads of people telling me not to bother to much hassle etc etc. 

im trying to just add a bit to it with limited cash, just simple bits really.

• 1 month later...

black wheels are ok but if you damage them you see it bad. I had 18's on they were nice until I curbed them nice white ring round. I paid £1000 for them and they lasted 20min she was not happy :rolleyes:. like the feel with black and red. hav you not thought of something different like the wrc decal from shop or the Subaru black that runs the lower door. black and red looks B).

the bonnets will both fit the opposite cars same bonnets just one has holds the other doesn't, also if you get told it's an alloy bonnet on the turbo make sure you check with a magnet as my turbo bonnet is steel, i have been informed they are alloy on a turbo so it may be 50/50 some are some aren't could be the import ones are alloy and uk ones steel, either way, check first rather than pay over the odds on the say so of the seller

i was at first gonna get the whole car wrapped for £1500 but a friend mentioned the red and black theme from images on google and after seeing some of the pics on there it would be money wasted. 

as for the wheels im spraying the original ones black when i spray the bonnet because the car itself is old and the bodywork is full of marks from where knobeads have keyed it so its not gonna have £££ spent on it. (mainly due to me wanting a newer model next year). 

• Like 1

A vinyl wrap needs replacing about every 3-5 years, has to be washed a certain way and most of the ones I've seen done have started peeling after 8-10 months, also if going matte wrap the bodywork under it need to be smooth as otherwise it double the effect of the mark(s) it's not that much dearer for a full paint job that would last another 10+ years and body issues can be sorted and painted over

Guy who takes his kids to the same school I take mine too does vinyl wrapping I looked at his van he did 5 years ago and it still looked great. but was telling me about the types of wrap you can get and one type that costs a bit has like a memory and will stay put but the rest will peel back over time.

the bonnets will both fit the opposite cars same bonnets just one has holds the other doesn't, also if you get told it's an alloy bonnet on the turbo make sure you check with a magnet as my turbo bonnet is steel, i have been informed they are alloy on a turbo so it may be 50/50 some are some aren't could be the import ones are alloy and uk ones steel, either way, check first rather than pay over the odds on the say so of the seller

UK spec Turbos has steel bonnets, except for the P1. The alloy ones are hard to find, easy to damage, hard to paint and cost quite a lot. If you are only interested in the looks I would suggest you save your money and go for a steel one.

• Like 2

Guy who takes his kids to the same school I take mine too does vinyl wrapping I looked at his van he did 5 years ago and it still looked great. but was telling me about the types of wrap you can get and one type that costs a bit has like a memory and will stay put but the rest will peel back over time.

thing is, when vinyl wraps first came out for styling they were good quality vinyl and very experienced wrappers, now you can buy a heat gun, some felt covered squeegees and some vinyl and call yourself a vinyl wrapper cos you saw it done on you tube once, i'd probably try and find a sign writer type place as they probably have more experience from doing van and such over the years

UK spec Turbos has steel bonnets, except for the P1. The alloy ones are hard to find, easy to damage, hard to paint and cost quite a lot. If you are only interested in the looks I would suggest you save your money and go for a steel one.

cheers for that, cleared up something i have been wondering for a while now