Dash cam help

stants

I have an Inovv C3 with a 120 degree lens as a forward facing camera in the fairing on my bike and the 90 degree version in my topbox facing backwards. They are around £100 each when you factor in a 32gb sd card but worth every penny.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/innovv-c3-with-remote-lens-with-exchangable-wide-and-narrow-fov-lens.6406/

• 5 months later...

What have people done about hardwiring power? I've been given a dashcam by my missus for birthday but don't really want a USB charge cable hanging in the car, what have people done about hardwiring especially on a 2015 model?

I just put a cigerette lighter in the glovebox and plug the camera into it, that way its hidden but easily removed/swapped if necessary :) 

When I had my Forester I powered the Roadhawk HD by fitting a Piggy Back Fuse into the fuse socket that powers the Cigarette Lighter then connected the cash Cam power cable into the piggy back fuse.

That way the camera only had power when the ignition was turned on.

for anyone with an iphone... i use an app called OsmAnd DVR it cost £2.99 for the full version ( there is a free version to try out ) and does a !Removed! good job turning your phone into a good quality dash cam.

it has some good features built in and manages to use all of the iphone gizmos to its advantage i.e impact detection,GPS positioning linking to the maps app and also gives you a reasonable HUD with speedo and direction of travel 

Also any recordings are auto uploaded to a cloud server which the app gives you your own IP address to access from PC 

I have an iphone 6+ and even in low or no street lights driving the picture quality is better than reasonable.

ok now for the down sides .. you cant use your phone to steam music at the same time or use it as a sat nav as it is not quite fully integrated  although that may change with an update or 2 in the future 

Also it can be a bit of Battery siphon so only use when connected via usb and make sure you dim the screen or on a long drive it will drain the Battery even plugged in. :blink:

that said it is still pretty good value for money ..even more so if you just use the freebie although you need the full version to unlock certain features