Bug or Blob..?

Dempsey

Oh yeah I know. That's what I was saying earlier. If they're both good examples then I'm screwed. If only ones good then it's easy and if both bad or just not right for me then it'll be frustrating but as you say, it's not hard to find another one.

Just hard to find what I'm after for my budget but I cannot afford to go any higher on price now :(

• Like 1

I wanted a blob originally but I found out through looking at a lot that bugs seem to be cheaper and generally in better condition because they are less desirable than the blobeye so more blobs have been mucked about with ,so I got over the headlights and just went for the best subaru impreza turbo wrx I could buy for my budget lol as I was more interested in the mechanicals condition of the car than looks lolpost-2376-0-90287800-1418568866_thumb.jp

Well then, interesting afternoon. Was kept waiting for over an hour by the first guy and he was more interested in his phone than us when there but didn't let it put me off as it's the car I was looking to buy not him. Just a shame about the service.

This was the bugeye. It had a fair few more scrapes on it than pictures and man suggested but looking past that it all seemed ok. It was a little white/condensation smoke on startup but cleared after a couple of mins so was happy with that. Tiny minute amount of piston slap that was barely noticeable but christ the thing drove lovely. Power was instant and all way through rev range and sounded immense.

Only other issue woman's a very slight click/clunk and slow speed when coming off the clutch. Was just a knock type "donk" but only when slow or manouvering but only when coming off clutch? Not sure on what this could be?

Very tempted by it but he wasn't in position to sell it today even though had discussed it with him.

The blobeye looked amazing, almost perfect imo barring the wheels but then drive wise and running it was horrible.

It had been previously modded with f/m, full decat system, inner wing ind kit and dump valve with a remap. All the parts had been removed but the map was still the same so drove like a bag of poo unfortunately. On and off boost all the time, flat spots and ran very lumpy indeed. Plus rear shocks were knackered so just wasn't a good option for me at this present time unfortunately.

Think once I can find out possible causes for the noise on the bugeye it may be the one I'll be going for.

Blob also supposed to have a new turbo on it but no paperwork to back up and was very very noisy.

Guy was great however and explained everything and tried to hide nothing. If the cars had been with the other people I'd have probably come home with one.

Out of interest how much was the blob mate?

First bloke needs a slap [emoji19]

Yeah trying to ignore how much of a fool he was really and concentrate on the car itself.

Just wondering what the odd little noise was.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would appreciate it.

The blob was up at £6750 which was at the most upper end of my budget which is why I couldn't go for it with it needing money spent on it soon. It would've driven me mad with the way it drove especially after the bugeye was absolutely spot on on the road.

The guy with the blob was a great and very helpful guy though and has some lovely cars at his house where he sells from. Lovely area too.

He would be one I would've liked to have dealt with in all honesty but I suppose you can't chose who had these cars for sale :(

Shame about the idiot sales man but does sound like the bugeye is the better one of the two. I can't understand why they have done that with the blobeye and not worth that money in current state. Nice way to destroy a motor. The smoke and piston slap is typical this time of year especially if it's not been started for a while. The bloke selling from his house did he have a few subarus there. If he did might have been the guy that sells repo cars. [emoji2]

Ah well that's handy to know regarding the slap and thought more smoke due to weather and so on. He said not been started for a few days yes.

I'm thinking I may be going for that one if he can prove the history on it via some pictures as didn't have it to hand at the time which was a shame but as I say it's just the strange clunk that was there when lifting off the clutch but only happened at very slow speeds / manoeuvres and didn't seem to affect the drive at all. Pulled so well through all gears and drove straight and true.

We shall see what developes tomorrow when I call him back.

No the other guy (blob guy as I shall refer) had only the blobeye. He did have an S8 Audi, 350z with Nismo kit, evo 6, 2 x rx8's and a gt86 along with some others which seemed to be his own cars. He was very genuine though and said that other than having the bits removed from the car new very little about it's history but had always been a local car in Bedford.

May well be joining the bugeye gang lol if it works out and will just concentrate on tidying bodywork when I get it home.

My car smokes every morning this time of year. The clunk might be the diff with it being stood I guess have to hear it. But might be worth keeping some money aside for a full service. But could be the brakes pads sliding about and making a clunk if the heat shield thing has fallen off.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I won't have that much to put a side as backup as I'm spending almost all I can afford on getting the car itself.

Obviously if something drastic happens or is needed then I will just have to did the money for it but if I try to keep that amount of money back for "just incase" it will mean me saying goodbye to the sti option and that's the one I want really.

Just trying to make sure that I get the best possible one for the money I have available as most do when it comes to cars so it will mean I have to spend the biggest or all of my budget on the car itself. Hopefully I won't be bitten or at least too hard if I do lol.

No didn't get to see the history on the bug, he didn't have it with him at the time but I've asked for photographic proof with reg showing in pics to show the fsh and all the documents and invoices he said he had for it. I know it's not the best way to do it but it's the only way I have available until possibly going again next weekend. I will make sure he understands that if however he cannot provide the docs he says he has for it I will not be taking the car.

Just trying to be wary and make sure I get all info possible before doing the deal.

My car smokes every morning this time of year. The clunk might be the diff withbit being stood I guess have to hear it. But might be worth keeping some money aside for a full service. But could be the brakes pads sliding about and making a clonk if the heat shield thing has fallen off.

I know it's one of those things that describing is hard and unless people hear it in the flesh then it's hard to suggest what it could be.

Either say though I appreciate the suggestions as gives me things to think about :)

Still unsure on what to do at present. I really like the bugeye I went to see although unsure on the little noise it had but the main reason I'm unsure is because of the guy selling it.

He just has no customer service skills whatsoever. It's like me possibly wanting to spend £6k with him is an issue.

Bit of a mind war going on at the mo.

Still unsure on what to do at present. I really like the bugeye I went to see although unsure on the little noise it had but the main reason I'm unsure is because of the guy selling it.

He just has no customer service skills whatsoever. It's like me possibly wanting to spend £6k with him is an issue.

Bit of a mind war going on at the mo.

Plenty more out there....it'd be a leave for me too

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I get what your both saying. It's just a shame as the car itself seemed really quite nice (albeit the first I've driven without it being in a car park covered in snow) but it seemed to do everything as it should. But it's a proper shame he guy trying to sell it just doesn't give a toss and your always causing him issues as he's so busy.. May be because it's one of his cheaper cars he possibly isn't as fussed but if I was looking to spend £10k I'd be utterly peeved at his communications.

Would love the car just really have no faith in the guy selling.

Tried to research him/ the company but haven't seen much in the way of reviews to see what's what either.

I had the same problem when looking for the blobeye. I think it Bradford nice Hawkeye if I remember but could have been the blobeye from here http://www.autoprestigecars.co.uk/

As you can see they deal with pretty nice cars £8.500 I really did get the impression they didn't give a rats **** about me or the money, walked from that one. Then had another similar experience in Manchester. Two car's I'd gone to look at Blob and a Hawk. The one with the Hawk was shocking service the car belonged to the owner apparently. They had used a socket to block off the dump valve pipe, some guy in a Jag little fat Tony Soprano wannabe pulled up started talking to us with the salesman very aggressive and full of himself :angry: which really got my back up. I got the sense it was a real back street job this place. And maybe quite rudely said no I will leave it, I had already seen the blobeye at this point and instantly felt better about that car and service I had got the car which is now in the garage  ;)

At 6k for a bug I'd be expecting everything to be 100%, including the customer service. It's not like any old punter will pay that much for a 12-15 year old performance car

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk