Newbie with a 2014 WRX STI

finn-STI

Hello all!!

First post so go easy,

I have a new WRX STI and am looking at getting it remapped,

I already have a Milltek cat back and perrin panel filter and have ordered the Milltek down pipe and sports cat.

Anything else you can recommend??

Cheers

Finn

• Like 1

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

have a few members with the new STI I do say I love them  :wub: and you're only the 2nd person so far on here that has started the mods. I can't find his post but he was wanting to find new stuff to mod but being new don't think too much is out at the minute. I'd love to hear what your's sounds like though so any video footage is welcome ;) 

Nice look forward to hearing it over the standard setup :) 

Do you have any idea's what sort of figures you're aiming for yet. I know I read somewhere that Subaru was going to release another map that would take it to 360 from standard. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to another new model owner. I'd love to hear what it sounds like with a decat as I've always wanted one and it's my first new car so I don't have to worry about the MOT for 3 years. Only problem I have is that it's my company car and they pay my car allowance so if it's 'too' noisy they are likely to stop the payments and tell me to get something else more 'business like'!

Phil

Hi guys, I would definitely be interested if anyone hears of a subaru approved (for warranty) remap for the new STi - I've got the subaru optional cat back exhaust which adds a few BHP and after 5,000 miles its bedded in nicely. Now the car is run in it feels quicker and the exhaust has developed a nice deep rumble. I've put a few videos on a you tube channel I set up but only have my iphone so sorry for the amateur vids :-)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Was it a cat back or just back boxes??

He boy at subaru parts near me says it's just back boxes that's why I went for the Milltek.

Speak to Mangoletsi about your remap, they take over your warranty so you'll be completely covered

Bit of a strange one this - I added the back boxes option when I ordered the car but when I picked it up the dealer said it was a cat back system and gave me the old back boxes and centre section (with small second cat ). The dealer has since contacted me saying they think I should have only had the back boxes but if that's true it's Subarus mistake and I'm not going to argue asI like the system so maybe I got lucky. All the parts turned up with the car so they just fitted the lot!

Will check out that remap though, thanks mate :-)

the centre pipe one may be the resonator... what gives it the sound.

is it an offical subaru dealer option then?

a Perrin air filter won't be a dealer option (check warranty?)

if you go decat/sports car.. it wouldn't have thought Subaru would allow that either, so interesting to know how the warranty is effected with that too..

btw.. scoobyclinic link

http://shop.scoobyclinic.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=261

Yes it's the official subaru optional extra but it only specifies 'sports Rear silencer kit' in the options brochure. The dealer thinks they supplied a non UK kit by mistake - they reckon Subaru UK called them and said they had accidentally supplied 2 units in the UK and one was mine.

I'm not sure what the centre pipe bit is but it's definitely removed the small rear cat. It's not aftermarket loud, just has a deeper bassy rumble so it's ideal for me.

I'll contact my dealer for a bit more info though as I only found out over Christmas and haven't followed it up

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk