Noobie to Scubi Impreza

Hi Y'all

Currently run a suzi 4x4 in winter, and porsche 944 turbo during summer.

As I am retired on limited funds feel that running three cars (also a Honda Hybrid) is more than a little extravagant.

It suddenly came to me that the Impreza marque is both turbo and 4x4 and could possibly give me the same things I hunger for in my two fun cars........fields of fun and turbo  b o  o   s    t  !

What do you lot think - am I being realistic?  and if so, which of the classic wrx sti  impreza's would be best?  

I have been looking and possibly would not want to go beyond 2005 - both for price (max £8K)  and running costs....that road tax hike for 2006 onwards is crippling....

so this includes mark 1 and mark 2 versions I guess --

What would you do knowing the Impreza as you do

Thanks for your info and replies == much appreciated.

All I have to do now is find that elusive but special car that is just for me -----

If you know of one - pre 2006 (for tax) and less than usual miles and good service history with every conceivable extra etc...

do let me know ......

Thanks agin

• Like 1

OK _ will do gambit.   ;)

Been out on test drive with Adams Garage in a 2005 WRX STi PPP UK 300 bhp.  Why have I not experienced a Subaru before!!!  It was like a shaft of golden light of intuitive and fabulous driving the like of which I have not had before.  

No engine rev wavering.

Flat around corners - like tram lines!

and the boost -- very tasty......

and the ride despite being sports was very forgiving.....

I think all my previous experiences have gone for nothing after that drive.  What a car and a saloon too!  :wub:

So I am sold on the Subaru marque and the S T i  Prodrive in particular.  :D

I am not able to purchase yet until I sell the Porsche -- (if you know anyone in the market for a 944 Guards red turbo do let me know)

Any comments on the garage price of £10995 for a 2005, 51k motor in extremely good nick???