Estate wagon Impreza - does it handle as well as sti saloon?

Frankie5bellies

Hi

Noobie for a scoobie here again

Loved my recent test drive of an STI prodrive  with 300bhp in a saloon version

Does the (2005) estate wagon version move as well, handle the same, and give the same driver (smile) experience??

Do tell.......

Matt will be able to furnish more detail but apparently due to the extra metal on the wagon you get a stiffer chassis than the saloon so does handle better - power is going to be the same as engine and drive train are the same

On the classic the theory is it does ! I've owned 2 of each and if it's there it's barely noticeable

I love my wagons as they are different , I love turning up at the lights and my mates meth drinking sti is there and my wagon ... People expect the saloon to be fast but not the wagon !

The amount of times I get " what the !Removed! "!!

Thanks for your input Matt -- I am not sure I understand the full meaning of your last post....the last time anyone referred to the wife it was a criticism of my driving -- so could you clarify " it needs the saloon wings and bumper"  for me -- remember I am totally new to subaru and its foibles.....

Is the Legacy that much bigger car than the Impreza????  Is the power to weight ratio poorer as a result or should 'nt I be bothered?

I love my legacy. My 2.0ltr non turbo is about 165bhp. Which im hapoy with. Or theres 3ltr flat six's, with more power. But i think the twin turbos are all imports, pretty snapy though!

I rarely see other legacys so thats part of the appeal for me. Think ive seen about 3saloons in the last year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sf 97-2002 are essentially classic impreza ' with a different body slightly stiffer springs and that's about it, imports came with 237bhp. uk cars had different turbos and cams so only produced 180 ish I think.

Sg 2002-2006 xt models have the 2.5L engine but I'm unsure about turbo, standard is 220 ish but these are heavier and sit a lot higher. But there is an official jdm only sti version 280bhp and all the associated bits. As for the sh model I've no idea as was well out of my price range but seeing as they've been getting bigger I'd look at the older ones 2002-2006