Hi from Middlesex!

MikeEcho

Hi all,

Took delivery of my new WRX STI last week. Got 400 miles on it thus far, can't wait to hit the 1k so I can really push it (as hard as I dare anyway).

Getting this far has been a bit of a mission, the dealer has been pants in every regard! I've got to go back this weekend and sign the finance agreement again as they've got the current one wrong. At least whilst I'm there I should get the rest of my boot interior back after they ripped it out to fit the parking sensors (after having to call someone in to do it for them). This is after I had to take the car back the day I got it (the day AFTER handover was supposed to happen with wet seats as the protective treatment wasn't dry) because the right hand tracking toe was -1.2mm front and +1mm back. It pulled left just a touch.

Anyway, I'm rambling now...

Mike

That's good to know I was starting to toy with the idea of upgrading to a 2014 and was going to go visit Shellys. Your experience doesn't really endear them.

Btw your more than welcome to come to the Surrey Scoobies meet, every 2nd Sunday of the month at the Fair mile in cobham.

Great bunch of people and loads of knowledgable people. Next meet will be Feb 8th.

http://www.surreyscoobies.co.uk/

There is also a Middlesex club, but they don't seem as active as the Surrey mob. Their last advertised meet was April 2014 :(

I have to be fair, once I complained about their lack of communication it got much better, and they've been pretty honest about how much has gone wrong- but that doesn't really inspire confidence.

Surrey Scoobies sounds like a good excuse for a bit of a run, I'll put it in the diary.

Hi, congrats on the new car - sorry to hear about the bad first impressions of the dealer - I'm sure the car will make up for it.

I've had my 2015 model STI since October last year and it's covered 6,000 miles now and still loosening up. Feels quicker every time I get a chance to use the power and it's been great in the bad weather.

Hope you enjoy the car [emoji1]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just to be fair with my comments about Shelly. Went back today to sort out a 'balls up' in the paperwork (the salesman's words, not mine), and got to meet Andrew Shelly. Really nice guy, who genuinely seems to care.

Fingers crossed that's the last time I need to go back now!

Wotcha and welcome - shame about the dealer - you do wonder where they get the staff from sometimes hopefully its all tyre shredding and hearty petrol consumption from here on in :)