tmic

weeksy

Why is it we cant go above 100mph with a tmic?this is a design fault i assume.

Its really !Removed! me off the fact that up to 100 i can shock most cars but after that im stuck,i know the solution is a fmic but why would Subaru use this on later model cars.

The tmic's themselves seem to have got better from classic to newage but the position they're in will always cause a heat soak issue .

You could try a bigger scoop (if they do them for blob eyes) a zero sports undertray or even some ice in the sti tmic water spray bottle, for track day 100 mph stuff

turbo blanket may be worth a look, good for keeping the heat in the turbo for faster spool and exhaust, and even better for keeping heat out of the bay. I can just about touch the top of the blanket as it retains that much heat, and the under side of the i/c is cool to touch.

I've also read that the scoop becomes inefficient at directing the airflow at 70+ unsure if how accurate this is though,

Painting the intercooler can reduce heat soak. Apart from that water/meth spray on intercooler or into turbo this is the cheaper route than front mount and more efficient air intake temperature reduction and the kit can be made for diy. Currently building mine will be switched to start with but will make it activate by boost pressure