clutch very slightly slipping

classic steve

Hi all. After scratching my beard ive decided i cant sell my scoob. Test drove some focus st225 and just doesnt cut the mustard. Anyway, had a little blast in my scooby yesterday and noticed a very slight clutch slippage in 3rd. I know im probably being over protective but want to get the clutch done asap. Scoobyworld are fairly local to me so will prob use them. Whats the general opinion of a lightened flywheel done at the time of clutch replacement? Dont use the car for anything other than a road car. Steve

Lightened flywheels are supposed to increase throttle response but when fitted to GM na v6's they've been known to loose torque , possibly due to having less mass when moving . Whether the same applies for turbo'd cars I couldn't tell you .

I've never had a lightened flywheel fitted on either of my scoobs I just had the standard flywheel skimmed,to insure it's 100% flat and reduce the chance of clutch judder .

• Like 1

Thought id ask before i spent extra cash. Done plenty of googling and it seems a lot of folk say not to bother unless the cars going on the track. A skimmed flywheel is £90 from scoobyworld. Pink box exedy clutch and flywheel skim supply and fit is £590. Seems a pretty decent price to me. Anyone know anywhere else in leicester that are worth trying?

Are you sure it's a pink box exedy classic steve ?

As if so they cost about £280 so it's a good price all in

I think subaru fit standard exedy from the factory and although slightly cheaper they'll still handle just over 300hp .

Either way it's a dam site cheaper than the £1200 + someone got quoted from a main stealer last year on here

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Booked my car to sort out the clutch. Felt like a right plum. So ive been informed i dont drive enthuiasticly enough. lol. Quick blast with a few 3k rev pull offs and the slipping is no more. Clears any crap on the flywheel apparently. Defo need to drive the scooby more. lol.

• Like 1

Scoobyworld did my Engine rebuild and clutch with lighten flywheel but it was a new age. Since had another clutch put in by Sheffield Subaru Services but my lighten flywheel had cracked and was unsure if they could skim it :( but they replaced it for me for free which was good of them :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Booked my car to sort out the clutch. Felt like a right plum. So ive been informed i dont drive enthuiasticly enough. lol. Quick blast with a few 3k rev pull offs and the slipping is no more. Clears any crap on the flywheel apparently. Defo need to drive the scooby more. lol.

Many years ago my mate had a xr3i, yes when they were new, thats how old i am :lol:

I had to take that for a blast as he had managed to glaze the friction plates

Nice to know you have some spare pennies to spend elsewhere

My clutch is very hard see my post on it 

I live in London but the price from scooby world cant be beaten !

Local to me is ExtreemScooby a 30 minute drive but they are asking for £860 including flywheel 

Scooby word is £660 with new skimmed flywheel 

£200 supply and fit cambelt and a full service at £400

means i can can do a complete clutch, service, cambelt at £1260 thats worth me travelling up there !