94 wrx rear diff change

Thought I'd give my diff a change out this weekend and wondered if there's any way of knowing if I have the right diff for my car without having to jack all 4 wheels (tried it but failed miserably as I haven't got the lifting gear for the job). Is there any markings anywhere all I don't wanna pull my diff off to find I have the wrong one. Thanks in advance

Just google the gearbox "ty......" number of the white sticker near the starter motor and find the ratio .

On classics

if you have single pot rear calipers as standard the diff type will be R160

If you have 2pot rear calipers as standard your diff type will be R180

My bet for a early wrx would be shorter jdm ratio with a R160 type diff [emoji6]

Right so Ive checked my gearbox code and it showing I need a 4.11 rear diff which I thought was correct anyway so I'm happy with that part but how do I tell if the rear diff that's sat on my garage floor is a 4.11, I was assured it is but rather be safe than very sorry? Cheers for the info as well I feel like I'm nearly there with it just need to clear up and make sure it's definitely the right diff