Heater matrix issue.

WideSam

Picked up my new gtb today. I must say, it's even better than I expected! I drove 200 miles home without it missing a beat. I then drove 10 miles to the Tesco garage and the heater matrix has died and I now have a passenger footwell full of coolant... Anyone had anything similar happen?

I did a bit of googling and it seems to be a fairly common problem. I was just unfortunate to have an incredibly extreme example of it. I think it's best just to laugh in these situations really isn't it?

Hopefully I can cap off or bypass the matrix so I can at least drive the car until I've got a free weekend to get the dash out and replace the lot!

I got straight onto it with a handeld vax. All seems to be ok. I've had to opt for k-seal as a temporary fix, not the most favourable option, but needs must (to be honest, I'm quite impressed with the result). I've been looking into getting the matrix replaced and I'm looking at £500 to get it all done properly.

Is there anyone out there who's pretty nifty with this sort of thing and fancies a Sunday's work, a crate of your favourite beer and some money to do it? I'm willing to travel to you. And I can make pretty good cuppa?

Thanks for the tip off. I've just sent him a message. Fingers crossed he can help! In all honesty, if it costs £500 I will pay it, just for peace of mind that it's done and done properly.