Engine upgrades - Strut bar and coloured pipes

Hi all 

I had my car remapped at the scooby clinic,

I now want to make my engine look cooler but not spend a small fortune 

I was thinking about installing a strut bar set :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-ALLOY-STRUT-BRACE-BAR-FRONT-AND-REAR-01-07-STI-WRX-Z0161-63-/261455532395?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cdff6d16b

and changing the pipes to coloured silicone ones like this set:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUBARU-IMPREZA-GDA-NEW-AGE-WRX-STI-SILICONE-ENGINE-WATER-RADIATOR-HOSE-KIT-/221032267140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33768cbd84

Does any of these changes affect the remapping of the car ?

Is there any other cost affective ways of dressing the engine bay of the car ?

I have a 2006 Hawk eye 2.5 turbo

Thanks 

Those two items won't affect the mapping in any way. The strut brace will stiffen up the suspension and you will definitely notice it. It's a good upgrade.

The silicone is really only for looks.

• Like 1

Obviously changing that lot you'll need to drain all the coolant & refill which is bit time consuming. I'd maybe get the hoses and wait till it needs servicing. Also watch out for cheap Chinese silicone hoses on eBay.

• Like 1

Thanks TLag and Steve, thats good to know 

Obviously changing that lot you'll need to drain all the coolant & refill which is bit time consuming. I'd maybe get the hoses and wait till it needs servicing. Also watch out for cheap Chinese silicone hoses on ebay.

They all appear to come from china, what brands or ones should i go for ?

I've just ordered some from viper performance, based in Telford they normally make big batches so it brings the price down and 95% of the time they have stock. Samco are usually made to order so you can be waiting up to 8weeks [emoji35]

Samco hoses are good - UK co if I am correct or try these guys UK made

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_151

Wow thats Expensive £372.00 for pipes !

The chinese sets come to half that

The question is if i am willing to take that risk ?

I've just ordered some from viper performance, based in Telford they normally make big batches so it brings the price down and 95% of the time they have stock. Samco are usually made to order so you can be waiting up to 8weeks [emoji35]

Thats a much more reasonable price but they dont do sets for Hawkeyes

Is it worth geting an iduction kit ?

I live in london, very traffic start stop

will the  induction kit will make my car drive fuzzy ?

I have a stanard air filter with K&N green , the guys at the scooby clinic said to keep it as its not needed unless i go over 350bhp

Chinese hoses have a tendancy to suck flat under hard driving and what not due to the inferior construction of the hose walls, you want 3 ply at the bare minimum, 5ply is best.

Might be worth giving viper a call as they are always expanding the range and may be interested in using you car as a test bed for new kit.

I'm my opinion I'd stick with the standard air box and uprated drop in filter, like you say the standard box is good for 350. And driving in a lot of stop start traffic you'll end up with a load of heatsoak into the cone filter,

Unless you did it properly and got one that removes it and the resonator and relocates they filter into the inner wing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chinese hoses have a tendancy to suck flat under hard driving and what not due to the inferior construction of the hose walls, you want 3 ply at the bare minimum, 5ply is best.

Might be worth giving viper a call as they are always expanding the range and may be interested in using you car as a test bed for new kit.

I'm my opinion I'd stick with the standard air box and uprated drop in filter, like you say the standard box is good for 350. And driving in a lot of stop start traffic you'll end up with a load of heatsoak into the cone filter,

Unless you did it properly and got one that removes it and the resonator and relocates they filter into the inner wing.

I spoke to Viper they said they can provide me with all the different ones and i can make the kit myself 

Going to get my clutch changed at Scoobyworld they do the set for £120 anx water might have that done 

I got a quote for that, inside the engine bay was cheep but relocated inner wing was just too much £££

i was told by the guy not to do it, its not worth it in London