Police seizing cars with undeclared mods

I presume the kid with the Corsa was driving like a **** and drew attention to himself in the first place.

I know I shouldn't but I did think the same thing. Or as said before using good old fakebook to post videos and showing mods off on it  -_-

When I had my XV I had to declare the front stone chip guard and rear step guard as modifications, they didn't affect the cost as they're classed as non performance decorative modifications. But the Opel manta I built with a bigger engine, gearbox, brakes, body kit and loads of other bits actually worked out cheaper to insure than when it was standard

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Have they fetched a new law out sayin its against law to mod your car, if not they can not make you take them of if the car is still road worthy n able to pass mot.when I got insured on wagon they ask if it was modded, I said not yet n they told me its ok if it is but in a claim I would only get paid out for standed unless I'd told them of mods.

Changing a engine to bigger size and not declairing it to dvla then they will seeze car as its classed as fraud.

They can actually as it states, if you dont declare your mods your uninsured in the same way as if you insure the car in someone elses name and drive it around every day, happened to an old mate of mine a few years ago, 1.4 astra with a 2ltr redtop in and it was !Removed! quick too, they siezed the car to go over it all and then gave him the option to pay the fine of impound and he had to insure it for what it was to get the car back. there are alot of corsa around here that are driven by young uns with redtops and even saw one the other day with a turbo engine in, i for one would be pretty !Removed! if they lost talent and smashed into my scoob to find they wasnt insured... im sure everyone would feel the same.

• Like 2

If they've paid for insurance, even if they are in breach of that insurance, I believe the insurers are obliged to payout to the third party but not any fully comprehensive aspects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly hope so  :(

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't and won't be declaring my SS exhaust....it's an exhaust FFS and my car came with one. Not my fault it rotted and needed replacing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once thought like this ........ Got hit into by a dickish driver overtaking a bus at high speed and wrote my ignis off !

I hadn't declared by change of steering wheel ( OEM snapped ) and replaced it with a non OEM not thinking it was a problem as every car has a steering wheel

Well wasn't I wrong :( insurance man come out saw the steering wheel and they voided my insurance as it wasn't something they covered !!!! Will never ever take the chance again

Just my ten pence :-)

James

• Like 1