learn to map

New zeeland mate ! Thought they were a us company till went to pay,

Yeah I deffo can't map with it I wanted it to be able to log more than anything else, as it stands it's useless cos I can't make it connect with laptop so I'm going to ask my mate who works in I.t to have a look before I sell it on

Right bit long winded but here we go, if I want to map I need esl cable and their software, the software alone won't work with other cables as it has a dongle in.

The evoscan software & cable will allow me to log data and read eml codes, however it's not best by all accounts and you need to manually input your ecu id to make it work correctly, the software is basically an amalgamtion of loads people's reverse engineering of the jecs ecu's so it's buggy at best,

Evoscan customer service is crap I've emailed last week but not heard owt back regarding cable drivers, I need a virtual com port to usb to allow the cable to talk with the laptop, then I have to see if it will read my ecu.

So if I can't get it to work I'll put it on the bay and buy the esl cable & software

Which I know is guaranteed to work

I've just looked at the evo software for links to drivers and found the taxtrix stuff if you got the evoscan cable and look for ecuflash it gives you loads of stuff about getting into the subaru ecu so that may work rick

I've just looked at the evo software for links to drivers and found the taxtrix stuff if you got the evoscan cable and look for ecuflash it gives you loads of stuff about getting into the subaru ecu so that may work rick

From what I understand its for 2001 and newer cars only

I'd it's odb2 it should work,

If I've no joy connecting your more than welcome to try the cable looks like the ecuflash reads the rom memory decides what version ecu you have then loads the parameters and you can then alter and re flash.

Any idea what ecu number yours is rick ?

• Like 1

I'd it's odb2 it should work,

If I've no joy connecting your more than welcome to try the cable looks like the ecuflash reads the rom memory decides what version ecu you have then loads the parameters and you can then alter and re flash.

Any idea what ecu number yours is rick ?

I can find out will you have the ecu imformation .I have a spare ecu from a uk 2000 model which in theory I could unlock it with soft ware and make my forester run on that.If I gave you my ecu number from the spare ecu could you check?

Cool I'll see what I can dig up may not be this evening, have you had the case off ? Could do with the rom id but I've no idea without plugging it in if you can get it of anything printed inside ?