The new guy

Sam.B89

Hey guys, just thought I would say hello! Looking forward to learning all sorts of stuff and meeting some nice people.

I currently own a 54 plate grey (looks silver if I'm honest) subaru blob WRX. I've just recently got it back from the body shop because some funny guy reversed into it.

I'm after some advice and was wondering if anyone could be of any help. Being a petrolhead, I want more power... I mean who doesn't!! Current mods are, Forge BOV, uprated panel filter and part decat exhaust.

I'm really looking at getting it remapped, but I would like to do the following before. Uprate the fuel pump to walbro 255 and possibly change to a cone filter. I'm also looking into a STI turbo, but I've read mixed reviews saying "they are a straight swap" and "no you need to uprate X, Y and Z"

Thankyou for everyone's time and look forward to chatting to some people!

All the best

Sam

Hi welcome,

At the end of the day you need to decide if you want to go for big hp or daily driver that's nice to drive,

I'd recommend the rcm pump a few people have had problems with warlbro pumps recently and the quality has gone down a bit.

With a new pump and remap you should easily see 270 ish, a td05 or vf series turbo would be the next size up, you'll have more power obviously but it will be slightly laggier

• Like 1

Rcm is a little more expensive then the walbro but i guess it's the quality :) looks like I shall be investing in one of those.

As for the turbo I know there will be more lag but I feel that I get that initial punch from the turbo but after 5k it doesn't pull very hard, want it for that extra top end grunt! :)

Thanks for all the replies btw, really good to get all this feed back!!

I was going to go for the walbro but after the stories I heard I'd rather pay the extra money to protect my engine.

When I was researching I found that most of the complaints about the walbro were that under load and high demand from the engine(high in rev range) the walbro would drop a lot of its pressure delivery. There was just too many horror stories for my liking.

If you're going for a larger turbo then you're definitely going to want to make sure the fuel pressure stays strong after 4-5k rpm.

My td04 used to produce it's full boost between 4-5k by which time you were hitting 90+ not really ideal in today's driving environment, now I'm comes in about 2.5 and makes all of its power at 3-4 which is much more suited to a & b road driving

Hello and welcome I'm running a hrc fuel pump which is good , pink injectors 3 port bs ,decat exhaust etc cooler plugs few other bits and bobs and a vf43 turbo , and a remap :-) , pushing around 330 bhp at 1.4 bar and pulls hard to the redline it's now a very fast car , I can see this thing getting me in trouble , the downside is it is abit laggy at times very thirsty , I agree with stants the td04 is well suited to road driving