WRX Hatch Mods Discussion

timmyjk7

So I have just brought a WRX hatch and I was thinking of modifying it but tastefully. What do most people start with handling or performance?

On the subject of performance I have seen some videos on Youtube and threads on US Subaru forum's that advise against BOV's and dump Valves as they tend to make the car run poorly. Is this true? I have owned a Starlet GT turbo previously and the BOV didnt cause any issues.

Thanks

Tim

Hi,

I wouldn't entertain the thought of running a BOV. You are dumping pre metered air which your AFR is calculated on, basically your car is adding the fuel for the air which is no longer there. Also you run the risk of turbo compressor surge and a host of other pressure wave related issues. In my opinion it is a wasted exercise and better sticking with the standard setup, there is a reason Subaru don't sell it with a BOV from factory !

• Like 1

My stock bov on the hatch makes a small blow off noise anyway sure you could find a louder resuculating one if you wanted it to have a bit more sound.

--

I make Films and Website for people

I think I won't bother! I was looking at the Forge recirc valve but if the OEM one is ideal I won't bother!

Think I will stick to getting new wheels and coilovers!

Is it true ET48 wheels fit the hatch?

• Like 1