What to do ?

stants

Maybe it's my paranoia but my engine isn't sounding the best at the mo and fueled by other people's hmming and arrrghing it's getting to me at the point where the misses is ready to slap me, as she can tell it's playing on my mind.

Man maths done but it's not really stacking up with her [emoji26] the car owes me roughly 3k. The Shell is rust free but suffering from a general scuffs and scrapes after 18 years

been quoted 2.3k for a rebuild if I pull the engine myself closer to 3k if I take the car, nothing fancy arp studs, acl mains, revised pistons from later model to cure the slap, sti gaskets etc.

So do I try and convince her indoors to let me go ahead and rebuild,

Run it till the engines gives up, then break it, or cut my losses and look for something else ?

There's a 55 spec d wrx. full service history, (kt green subaru) one owner car near me, that Is around 5k

Help !

I'd say it's paranoir weathers on the change but it's still cold in the mornings. I've always had it make more noise in the colder mornings. But that being said you know the car better than me I think for the work you have done already a rebuild would be good. But then you can't beat new toy's. Then again look at Alex bought that hatch 43k on the clock done 3k miles since buying it cambelts gone dead engine :( so I'd swing more for the rebuild again least you know the car then :D and cheaper :D 

Time to get another car me thinks.

You may spend upto 3k getting a rebuild and that's the engine sorted, but then in a years time it'll be something else that needs sorting.

If the car is sellable I'd sell it on and get a new car.

Well she's had new shocks & springs, new exhaust, esl& remap and two new wheels, bearings, plus tyres and various other whitleine little bits here and there. Since I've been owner. Realistically I wouldn't he more that 1500 back on a good day.

The spec d 'm looking at is bog standard so it's going to require a bit of cash spending on her exhaust & map, the belts have been done recently which is a bonus,

paranoid mate, i always do it

BUT that is a silly price for a engine, i wouldnt bother with a forged lump i dont think the market is there for high powered forresters. Sorry but thats just what i think. someone might tell me different though

IF it went bang i would just put another standard used lump in, Place i know used to do loads years ago was about 1200 all in fitted and serviced, belted up

if you sell, check out the blob wagon market some serious bargains out there at the minute

That price isn't even for a forged lump ! [emoji33] if she drove and we had a 2nd car i'd probably end up starting a little project and strip & rebuild myself but ts not an option.

Yeah I'm having a forray into the trader now.

Some I'm seeing are around the same mileage to mine and have rebuilds already ? Hmm I think not if it's gone and been rebuilt I dread to think what else may be about to die.

What's the deal with the 2.5's you always hear horror stories but I don't know of anyone personally that's killed theirs.

May have a walk round the garage later see what the deal is with the spec d

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-SUBARU-IMPREZA-WAGON-WRX-TURBO-BLACK-2-OWNERS-/151646811646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item234edab5fe

i seen loads of hawks kicking out at 4k, they just dont seem to sell ! it wouldnt bother me as i think its under harsh punishment they let go!

find one all serviced and looked after wouldnt mind

There was an engine on here recently for 1500 - with some serious potential - ok it is possibly an unknown but still less than 3k and you would be starting again with cdb and forged parts. Slap also is not necessarily a bad thing a lot of tuned engines have slap until they are up to temp - my lads 85cc 2T crosser has slap until it is warmed up.

Bottom line - do you fancy a change?

I know plus savage had one up for sale not long ago.

I'm Not wanting to change and to be honest I don't have the funds to change at the mo, trying to sort out a mortgage amongst other things,

She wants to look at something new on hp which probably wouldn't work for the size of car we need, and I doubt the monthly payments on a new sti would be within my price range at the mo.