Big Hello

subdriver

Hello to all Legacy owners,

I now have a legacy b4 and after purchasing it on sunday my first lesson to learn is to hold back on the power.

I have found the car to be a dream to drive so far.

little lag when flooring it from turbo but other than that Happy days.

The car is standard and just imported.

The boot opener on the key phob does not work.

The brakes are not as responsive as i thought they would be.

I don't think there is any cruise control.

It does have gear change on stering wheel that works a treat.

cd player and mini disk player both work.

Folding door mirrors...nice.

I filled the petrol tank with Esso standard unleaded.... will this harm the engine?

Having used half a tank i will now fill up again with tesco momentum.

Any tips with regarding the legacy b4 would be appreciated.

I managed to download an English version of the manual.

Subdriver.

Check it's been under sealed if it hasn't get it done before winter as it will greatly increase the life of the car.

Vpower or tesco momentum/sainsbury s super is only way to go. Running on low octane will increase the risk of detonation.

May be worth looking at getting it mapped for UK fuels

Check it's been under sealed if it hasn't get it done before winter as it will greatly increase the life of the car.

Vpower or tesco momentum/sainsbury s super is only way to go. Running on low octane will increase the risk of detonation.

May be worth looking at getting it mapped for UK fuels

Hello Regional coordinator,

1...It looks like there are some plastic covers on the underside of the car that will need to come off but i can try and get some quotes for undersealing, finding a decent trustworthy place that will do a good job here in the dartford area is gona be hard.

2...Do many people do this? (map for fuel change)

The car has had the speedo sensor changed to mph.

Subdriver.

Bob Rawle tends to be the go to guy for mapping...

I think 4-pot brakes from an impreza will fit your car, then braided lines etc. there's also a thing called a brake stopper that holds the master cylinder still so you get better pedal feel...

Hehe I don't Co ordinate much as everyone left my area !

There's a company somewhere down south that does a proper job, they take your car for a couple of days steam clean the underside dry and apply etc. It's not cheap about 500 ! But it lasts and is a worthwhile investment, whoever did mine did such a good job that the 1st time my mechanic looked under it he commented on how well it's held up and looks rust free.

I had mine mapped as it was over fueling due to running on lower octane, i'm now getting alot more mpg 40 quid got me 250 miles this weekend of hard driving, before map it would have got halft the mileage , also slight increase in power and lots more torque.

Cheers for posting,

It looks like i'll need to do both jobs.

So where do i go for the re map and how do i know the jobs been a goodn done by a decent garage......sorry for stupid questions.

Underseal of wax oiled is another question.

Any recomendations would be great, im around the Dagenham area.

The reason im a bit sceptical is that iv'e been cought out with crap mechanics before charging a fortune but doing a Sh$* job.

One of the reasons for joining a forum is to get some good advice from people who know what they are talking about and meet people with similar interest.

Duncan would get my vote. Or area 52 I maybe choose duncan though because he took simon roes customer's on when he fell really ill to help him. So that did build some respect from me even though I thought he was good before. [emoji3] but they're the two I'd go with. Duncan or Area52

Thanks for all your replies on the above subject. I will look over them again and take note of recomendations when the time comes for the work.

I'll have to ge the underneath looked at then go for underseal protection first.