Can an auto Forester turbo be mapped?

david1972

As the question suggests really - I'm talking about the 2.5 turbo auto lump used up to 2009, then the 2.0 litre cvt auto in the current gen Forester

.....just thinking ahead  ;)

Cheers

Would be good to know if it could be fettled in the same was as the impreza lump can be; or at least as easily (if not for quite the same power gain)  :D

I just didn't know how or if the auto box would interfere with anything

I'll tell you what I'll do mate I'll message Duncan Graham for you in a 2nd see how quickly he will reply back. To me or on here how's that sound [emoji4]

Good man; thanks mate  :)

I presume they use the same denso ecu's so carberry & ecutek should be available, when dunc replies see what he recommends. There's plenty of us owners who use cobb access port may be worth rooting round on forester.org

So pleased if that's true....probably got 1 more car change in me while we've got the 2 dogs and would love a few years in an 08/09 Foz 2.5 turbo in about 5 years time. Love my outback but miss the higher seating position you get with the Foz

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Great stuff...thank you both [emoji106]

We're saving to extend the house in 4 years time, but if we can achieve that, I've already been given carte blanche for my next car [emoji123]

Info logged for future use with great thanks guys. Would love to get into an 08/09 2.5 auto turbo Foz or maybe even a 2013 current gen 2.0xt cvt auto turbo [emoji6]

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I presume they use the same denso ecu's so carberry & ecutek should be available, when dunc replies see what he recommends. There's plenty of us owners who use cobb access port may be worth rooting round on forester.org

Is Cobb access port availiable to us then

Thanks muzzer - did you get improved mpg as well as bhp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really sure, I don't keep tabs on my mpg much. I guess it does just under 30mpg on long runs if I keep my foot off the loud pedal.

Drops drastically when I boot it though

Certainly a lot more responsive than it was though - makes me wish it was a manual sometimes