awd turbo

hi, my name is kate, i have a white impreza awd turbo (facelift not blobeye) that i love, ive had it for three years now and she is getting old, i love my cars but im no mechanic altho im perfectly happy working on them if its something i know what to do. i would like any suggestions on how to 'spring clean' its engine a bit, its just not running as great as it should, its had a full oil change very recently but what else can i do to basically bring it back to its former glory, any suggestions and advice will be gratefully received, thanks

it just feels a bit rough, lacks a bit of power, pulls ok in 1st, good in 2nd, great in 3rd, flat in 4th and 5th, and if you accelerate hard the power can sometimes cut off and on and kind of jerk the car a bit, when in idle it can race a bit then slow down... that kind of thing... 

If its been off the road for a while first thing i would do is give it a stage 0 tune.That consists of oil and oil filter,new plugs and leads some fresh fuel and fuel filter,change air filter check tyre pressures and condition of brake pads and discs.Once done drive it on the road and if the problem is there you can rule out the stage 0 tune then move on from there.

• Like 1

its never been off the road since i got it 3 years ago.. and im a hard driver, it really needs some extra tlc as its developed some rattles and slowly gotten rougher, its also brutal on fuel even when driving sensibly and gotten worse...its been decatted but that was before i got it, 

Wotcha and welcome - check codes as suggested but it could be plugs or coils breaking down  - injectors may need a clean, if the fuel pump has not been changed in the last 10 years that could be starting to lose some of its pressure...??