Legacy ts now available in Japan. C'mon Subaru UK, get some in.

Beagle500

I blame the insurance companies and Tax for this. :(

And think it's a real shame Subaru pulled the car from our roads but don't blame them either. Cost of fuel is to high I even remapped my car down 60BHP to help with this (Yes I hate myself for it too :(  ) road tax then with insurance on top killed the sales over here I think.

But a nice looking !Removed! all the same ;)

It is a shame - does look good from behind, Subaru were just not shifting the units in the UK - probably from all of the above, although reading a recent article by RA motorsports about sourcing a project BRZ the dealers didnt exactly endear themselves where as the toyota bunch fell over themselves and gave a great deal as well

Subaru have made turbo versions of every generation of Legacy for their home market, normally called the RS in saloon shape and GT for the estate. The first generation RS from 1989 had the single turbo EJ20G that was so good it won Subaru their first WRC championship and later found its way into the Impreza from 1992. While the UK did get a turbo version of the generation 1, it was watered down compaired with the RS in Japan and nowhere near as good as the RS type-R and type-RA.

After the generation 1 went out of production the UK never had another turbo Legacy (unless you count the diesel). In Japan the second and third generation both had twin-turbo engines that were never used in other Subaru cars, but from 2003 the Legacy got a twin-scroll turbo in the fourth generation that later found a home in some Impreza. Probably the best Legacy ever was the S402 which was a limited edition in 2009 and had a 2.5 twin scroll... Until then every Legacy turbo was based on the EJ20.

The tS (named for 'tuned by STI') has been out for a while in Japan, but we will never see it officially here. You can always import your own though... I have a second generation twin-turbo on my drive!

Edit... The Legact tS was a limited edition in 2010, so they are all gone by now!

Details Here.

• Like 2