electronic boost controllers

Just looking to get to around 260bhp. Surely a quality electronic controller such as the greddy can safely up the psi by say 4-5psi and set it to reach peak boost faster and hold it for longer. Want to get a full map once i have fitted a full exhaust and a 255lh fuel pump

When you up the boost you need to adjust the fuel and timing or you risk it self destructing.

Stay well clear mate and if you wanna up the power get a proper remap

just wait for a remap

it will raise the boost pressure, but what about the fueling? or will the 'subaru self learning ecu' sort it out?

if you do want more bhp, it would be safer to look into mapping it yourself and it can be done for free (apart from buying cable).

personally, I'd buy an exhaust and get it mapped by a professional. it might sound expensive, but it's cheaper than a rebuild

Duncan Graham (racedynamix) travels and has good results with newage cars, there's also bob rawle & Andy Carr not had any experience with the last two but others on the forum have used both I believe

Ok thanks guys, what sort of price am I looking at woth these tuners? At the end of the day if I have to wait and save to do it right I will. Its just so I can mark the date Ill have enough money on the calendar

I've used dunc a few times and got good results

what about scooby clinic? they tune some of the fastest scoobys in the world, one of their cars even beat ken block at gymkhana. Pat is one of the best mappers, if not the best

Andy forrest is a very good choice too, another one definitely in the top 5 mappers 

2nd Tidgy I bought one pretty blindly a few years ago now installed it lucky read up on them before playing with it too much and disconnected it I still have it in the car as it lights up :D I like shiny things :D but certainly easiest way to destroy your car if you don't know what you're doing. 

Ok guys i get the picture . Ill wait and get the remap. I have been in touch with andy forrest and other than the lead time of 3-4 weeks at £480 its not the cheapest (Im not doubting hes one of the best there is) hes also near scotland. does anyone know of a reputable tuner in the north west, only looking for a slight power increase?

Also any recommendations on exhausts, not looking for something that will drone on the motorway and i prefer something that looks like the prodrive pipe over something that could be used as a basketball net.

andy carr is in lancashire at TEG Sport, thats who I used. cost was £300

• Like 1

ECB is a definate no go then. Thanks for the replys I will call round the various tuners. Racedynamics offer launch control and flat foot shifting. My mouth started watering at the thaught of launch control.

• Like 1

3 port solenoid and remap is the best way to gains. A EBC is good for providing more efficient boost lowering spool up time but it's only as good as the person using it. Turning it up and hitting fuel cut isn't a good idea

DO NOT EVER use scooby clinic

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

FPMSL. how many time attack cars do area 52 prepare? have area 52 got one on the best mappers working there?

area 52 have got a reasonable name, but I've heard their rollers read over