Dodgy brakes, thought brembos would be awesome :(

I've got a pretty good tuning firm down the road from me, they did all the work on my focus ST. They normally do VAG motors but they do other things too. They're really good at what they do, do custom turbo and superchargers on golf R32's n stuff. They had a feature car in performance VW, they'd made a full electric polo gti. And it was properly fast too.

My thoughts were that when I fit the coilovers & possibly the new wheels that I'd take it along and get them to do an alignment on the car, and then get them to flush out the brakes and out new fluid in. It won't take them long. It's probably going to take me a week to fit the coilovers n brakes as ill only be able to work on it for short periods at a time. I do know a guy with a fully equipped garage. But he's a absolute !Removed!. So I'd rather do it myself. Even if it takes a month

Ahhh Yeh I know where you are, kinda, you mean TRD (Turner Race Developments)

They are legends with some awesome cars to their name, that polo was epic, there was a bit of banter about it after it was at ultimate dubs, some were saying it was crap at 25 miles on a charge, others said a g whizz might do 70 miles on a charge but the smile factor in the polo would easily out weigh it, I know what I'd rather have

That's the guys yeah, they're really friendly. And do really good work. The did my ST brilliantly, slammed on 19's and it rode like a dream. No rubs no squeaks, the ride quality was smoother than standard. And handled amazingly. They did a fair bit of work on my car. And i would recommend them without hesitation

Yeh going off work I've seen on vag forums I'd recommend them too, I've never heard anyone complain, and unlike a normal back street garage or main dealers they will set the suspension up properlynot loo low not too high, not bumpy as hehe'll and stiff but not wallowy either, companies like that are few and far between, I used one with my first car in Manchester, when they moved onto more high end stuff like lambo's and ferrari's I stopped using them and have only used garages for my mot, everything else I've done myself

I really struggle to do things on it now. Every car I've had I've always done everything on them. From servicing to fitting suspension etc. but since I fooked my back up I've not done anything on them. But I'm determined to do the things on this car, I know it will take me a lot longer than it would you guys. But A: I can't afford to pay the labour and B: I miss doing all that stuff, and my tools are getting rusty lol

I'm in the same boat mate, broke my back about 12 years ago and also have a prolapsed disc, I'm on so many tablets I rattle when I walk and can do most things in a day like a full detail, engine rebuild, engine swap, I have to take double meds while doing it and I'llbe bed ridden for at least 2 days after but it gets me to do what I love

Exact same problems as me by the sounds of it. I've tried explaining to my doctor that if he wants me to do more stuff and be more active then he has to stop moaning so much when I order my repeat 'scripts. I know it sounds weird but I kinda miss getting grubby and skinning my knuckles. I'm going to try and be sensible and pace myself, but that's easier said than done, what I will try to do is make sure I've got some tools that will take some of the strain out of it. Gonna get myself an electric intact wrench, I've got plenty of pry bars, but I'd like to get a pole to slide over my ratchets n stuff for more leverage. Need to get myself a torque wrench too before I tackle the jobs

i have a compressor and a load of air tools, makes a lot of things much easier, and once you have the compressor that's the expensive part out the way, the tools are dirt cheap, i also have a 2 foot breaker bar and a 2 foot scaffolding pole to slide over the bar if need be, and a torque wrench, although i rarely use the wrench, i use the gun then tighten a bit more with the bar

• 1 month later...

I've had the discs and pads fitted, feel great. Even straight away you could feel the difference. After driving it home the car didn't move for a few days, but when I drove it I have a constant grinding noise coming from he front. And the ABS light keeps coming on. When I had some new pirellis slapped on I had a look while the wheels were all off and getting balanced etc. and it looked to me that the pads were in contact with the discs on the front. Almost like they were being applied. I rotated the disc using the studs and it was incredibly stiff to turn. But not impossible to turn. The dude at kwik fit said it should be fine. I'm not sure if it's this special coating that EBC use to bed the pads in or I have sticking calipers etc. but I did notice that when the guy was fitting the discs and pads that he didn't take the brake resivoir cap off when he was pushing the pistons back in. I hope it's something simple, cos I can't afford a set of new Brembo calipers for the front

How many miles have you done on them as you will need to give them a few miles to bed in as it will all be close tolerances as everything is back to full size - you don't need to remove the reservoir cap when pushing the pistons back in so don't let that worry you.

the pistons in the calipers may be stiff, as the chap fitting the replacements pushed them back it means they are not seized but they may need a clean / service 

The pedal feels great, always has. Loads of feel. It's just the god awful noise, however it is getting better. I drove it today and it made hardly any noise, only a squeal when they were cold. And despite the problems the brake are now immense, I still haven't buried the pedal as I'm taking it steady with them. But even with light use they're twice as strong as they were before, I would happily advise other people to get the full EBC set of brakes.

P.s. I don't know if the for sale thingy is working yet, but does anyone want some coilovers? Brand new still in the box. I got them from scooby clinic

If you want to post them for sale mate just use the Subaru's for sale section for now. Been having problems again with the Parts section. I think it's resetting it's self that you need X amount of posts to view it but not sure yet :D