New owner West sussex

HI everyone.

Just bought my first subaru last week 1998 2.0 sport non turbo. So far very chuffed with it. Paid 700 for it drives spot on for the age. Needs some tlc but hopefully can start tidying it up soon.

Sounds like a nice bunch of people on here.

Look forward to seeing what people have done with there's, maybe get a few ideas.

So yea just introducing myself really

• Like 1

I'm from the worthing area. I see a few round this way but not many.

Yea sounds good to have a meet

Another thing just a quick question. Do all the boxer engines wine a little or is it just mine. I've had a diesel for the last 2 years so used to a rattley tractor But just noticed this engine has a little wine to it didn't know if this is normal

• Like 1

Worthing area...... That's good, I'm near Yapton way.....

There is a get together this Friday at Bury Hill 7pm if your up for it? We could meet you at the Petrol Station near the McD's say 6:45-6:50pm?? The one in Arundel by the big round about.

With regards to the engine the only thing I hear wine is me watching the fuel gauge!!!! Ha ha ha.

Don't seem to have any problems with mine, but might be worth asking the crew on Friday if you see another model the same.........

Yea sounds gd.

Count me in I will be in a silver wagon completley standard.

Aint had time to sort it out yet only having it 2 weeks. But I will get there. New exhaust first last bloke bodged it up a bit as it's barley together at the cat.

I've spotted a full japspeed manifold. Decat and end can for £200 seems pretty cheap. Is this a decent setup. For the money.

Any recommendations appreciated

Thanks Matt

• Like 1

Yea sounds gd.

Count me in I will be in a silver wagon completley standard.

Aint had time to sort it out yet only having it 2 weeks. But I will get there. New exhaust first last bloke bodged it up a bit as it's barley together at the cat.

I've spotted a full japspeed manifold. Decat and end can for £200 seems pretty cheap. Is this a decent setup. For the money.

Any recommendations appreciated

Thanks Matt

Good man...... Not good on the exhaust is the £200 a new one?? I guess not at that price? As a down pipe for mine is nearly £150 just for that, but it's a performance one, Scooby world / Scooby parts are good sites to check out........

No its an eBay jobby. Looks pretty good nick. But mainly need a decat to get me out if trouble as that's where it's broken in half.

I will check them out heard a few people on here mention them.

Will have a look Friday see wat peeps have got. And defo know wat u mean bout fuel after owning a diesel for last 2 years 55 mpg plus. Used to have a lot of mk3 golf's a few years ago got rid of the gti as it only ever gave me about 26 mpg round town. Always wanted a subaru though cnt afford an sti for a few years yet but gotta start somewhere I suppose

Welcome to the club!

Hope you guys are popping down to Brighton on the 20th June. Nice and local to you. It's gonna be a huge Subaru meet. We should be arriving around 9:30. There's a topic in the south east meet section with full details