Noobie 2007 wrx wagon owner

ossidius

Hi guys and gals,

i have just brought my 1st scooby and it is totally standard,im looking to get some upgrades for it and im thinking of going for a Misimoto preformance rad with fans and all the hoses for it as well and was just asking if that is a suttle mod for me to start off with as im new to all this.

and well it takes me 3 months to save for it i have priced it up and its gonna cost me £817

dont want second hand pipes or recon rad as the car is imaculate and only 3 owners from new with full scooby sevice history

is this any good what i have in mind cheers ;)

• Like 2

Welcome to the club mate enjoy.

Me personaly would make sure first that the car is spot on and everything works sweet.

Stainless and induction kit is always a good start

• Like 2

Hey big d yeah its already got a full stainless on it front to back other than that its standard as the day it rolled out the factory

so that is what i was thinking of doing for my first mod

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

I think be a good place to start tidying the engine bay with some nice shiny stuff and silicone hoses STI Top mount intercooler (TMIC) 

would be a good upgrade too can all be done without a map being done :) could look at braided brake lines too and if you want any external mods splitters and so on can be done to change it without going over the top :D 

Hey Gambit thanks for the info  i think i will get a new sti intercooler with what im getting then october time get me sen some new prodrive gt1 allloys with discs and pads and get the braided brake lines to go with it :D

Hey ash3000k / shifty and aucky thanks for  the replys

i have been reading up and not to arsed with an induction kit as people say that yes you can loose bhp and that the oem one that is standard is just as good maybe get a cosworth filter pannel for it

but i think all new hoses  /rad / fans and maybe iridium plugs to start with will do unless i win the lotto this weekend and go all out and buy a hole fleet of scoobys in my megga garage lol

• Like 1

I'v fitted some blue hoses to my wagon n black front mount intercooler,both are mostly for the looks [emoji6] i watched a vidio on yuotube about induction kits by might car mods,they tested induction kit,performance panel filter and the original air filter on a dyno and it showed the original subaru filter gave best results.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hi mate

welcome to the club

as said, the std air intake is usually better than CAIK, 'green' panel filters are good too

If you do fit an STI top mount, have it on a rolling road to check everything is ok. personally, I'd only fit a bigger intercooler if I had a remap too