Bov's

andyman

Help... Could you please tell me whether or not aftermarket dump Valves would harm the engine on my standard Subaru impreza wrx, I have heard so many people saying different things I just want to know for sure, thanks andyman.

Some people run them without problems others have problems. Some people say get a map for it others say don't bother.

It's up to you, I don't think it can harm the car but it might not be good for it.

I guess it comes down to is it worth the risk for the sounds to you

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

• Like 1

The reason some say no is basically with the standard recirc as you change gear or let off the throttle any air left post turbo is accounted for and the ecu will push the fuel in ready. When you change to a dump valve you are essentially removing that air. The effect is basically running rich for a small amount of time until the air is built back up.

• Like 1

And as for the it damages your car. There has been no proof that it does I've never heard of anyone destroying an engine with one I think people scare people off with saying that because it goes against their grain of what a subaru should be like IMHO So no it won't blow up your engine :) But your engine might not like it you will get running issues so then returning back to the OEM will be needed :) But other than that can try it see how it goes :D 

• Like 1

I was looking for a loud recirculating one and thought that might be a better option. I know you can also get adjustable ones so gives you more option to get a little bit of noise without dumping all the air.

--

I make Films, Websites and social media for people

Mine is a bit jittery on gear changes under hard acceleration with the Bailey on but hardly any different really and I now can't live without the sound now. I did try with the standard recirc but it wasn't the same. Seems pointless letting it spool if you can't hear it dump :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk