First problem

Rizmo

Had my head under the bonnet today, as checking oil and water for long trip Saturday, and found a lot of pale green oily stuff on the front of the engine. Mainly just behind the oil filter. Will have to get it to a dealer next week, but any ideas?

Will try and post a photo tomorrow.

Cheers all! Have now had a look at it in daylight, with both cold and hot engine. Does appear to be waxy when cold, but gets more liquid when hot. Is actually spread over much of the engine, but none on the inside of the bonnet, so does not appear to be a pressure leak. Suspect it is as Alex says, but having already driven 1100 miles, I will take it to the dealer on Monday.

Took to dealer today. No probs as is sealant put on in factory. Note to self - always check oil in daylight, not in garage, and you will see these things straight away, not 3 months after buying it!

Handily, also confirmed that. although I only do 6K miles a year, not considered adverse driving conditions, so don't need mandatory oil/filter change at 6 months (but can have, if I want it).

Downside was that sat nav updates are few and far between (years), so no change from Kia, in that respect.