Japspeed / Toyosports Turbo Back Decat System????

seanaldo1987

To cut a long story short, was heading to work on saturday morning and when i started the car up the exhaust sounded like it was starting to blow slightly :(

get home from work that night and phone the father-in-law about getting the car on to one of the ramps at his work. He then tells me that it just so happens that hes got a customer coming in who has a full decat system on their bugeye wrx that he finds is not loud enough for him, so hes upgrading. So his old system is going to be going for either free or very cheap. its either a japspeed or toyosports system.

anyone had any experiance with toyosports exhausts. i know that a full decat system can be bought from them for £250 so they are really cheap, but supposedly they are made in the same factory as japspeed so will probably be of similar quality to them.

it will probably only be on the car until i have the money to get the exhaust of my choice, so surely its worth a shot if i get the lot for £50 or less?

cant speak about either, but never look a gifthorse in the mouth !

for fifty quid i'd take a punt, if you don't like it sell it on and gain money back or even make a little : )  but as a quick fix i'd say why not ?

• Like 1

Agreed nothing to lose and as for them being made in the same place I can believe it. I once went to a washing machine factory.... Long story :) but on the lines they had Zanussi washers coming down the line then at the end they was just putting on a different draw and fascia with a name I had never heard of. found out it was a budget line for Argos the cost difference for RRP was £200  :o

that's the case with most things, i worked at a bakery in my younger days, i was at the start of the line in the mixers but at the end of the line we had stuff coming off the line being for cadburys as well as tesco's own brand and iceland to name a few, all the same product, only difference was the cadbury's used to get a flake mounted on the top, a few boxes of flakes used to dissapear every week, !Removed! mice lol

well my car has been dropped off this morning..... and by the time i get home it should be on :) 
the guys coming back down to drop off the up-pipe that he never got around to having fitted and also drop off the bung insert for the backbox.

The system looks brand new....... was chancing my luck at getting it for free, he wanted £50 for it.... i offered £30...... he said no lol.

In the end i paid £40 for it :D

Still a hellova bargain, I've been told running the bung (dummy as my neighbour calls it) all the time your risking blowing the turbo due to too much back pressure, I know a guy that always runs his on the daily commute and removes it when going to shows and stuff, if you drive gently it's fine, it's when your going on full boost for spirited driving it gets risky

I've been told this by a guy who knows a fair bit about scooby and I have never run mine all the time but not sure how accurate the info is

i'll only run the bung on cold start then remove it so i don't get the neighbours complaining, possibly on really long journeys where i'm only going to be cruising at 65-70 off boost.

i can't see how the owner thought the system was too quiet...... i've done some research and everyone says that these systems are quite loud lol.

it's fine on my laptop, not looked on my phone though

that's inspired me to do a vid of mine now, i'll have to go park somewhere to do it though as the neighbours don't like me vibrating their houses lol

that should be fine on the motorway without the bung, it's loud but not overly so

• Like 1

well had it on its first decent drive this morning..... 26miles into work..... about 95% of the journey is duel carrigeway with a couple of roundabouts on the last 5miles for giving it the beans off of B)

i have to say its not too bad sitting at the national speed limit..... not too intrusive.

win win for the £40 bargain :D

• Like 1

Sounds great sounds like mine does but I like that back box more then mine, the one I have is  oval not round. I might change it at some point. But think that has to go down as Bargain of the year so far  :D

• Like 1

The backbox sits just right, a nice angle and slightly upwards. I was told it did require some manipulation to get it to fit 100% perfect. Its got a nice turbo howl when on boost, and some pops too.

Its a 4.5" straight cut exit. Will need to get a picture of how it sits underneath. I'm a bit scared of the speedbumps around here now as i'm still trying to gauge how low the exhaust sits now, especially around about where the rear diff is.

No sign of the CEL as of yet, but only done 26 miles since its been fitted.

I'm always safe and steady on bumps I was told once not sure if it has any truth init that bump do a lot of damage to the engine even at lowish speeds so I always slow down for them. Sod anyone else behind me that want's to almost jump off the bump it's my car :) 

I would have thought if it was going to come on it would have by now. 

i'm sure the light would be on by now too, i'd not worry to much about it tbh

speedbumps have been a pain in my **** for the last 10 years as all my cars have been sump scrapers, one of the benefits of having the scoob is that i can just glide over them now, i've never heard of a bump causing engine damage from just driving over them, if you hit one at silly speeds and the car is lowish you can crack the sump which obviously starves the engine of oil, they do damage to suspension over time but you'll get more damaged car parts from hitting a pot hole than a speed bump, and if you do damage the car from pot holes theres a 75% chance you can claim from the council for it

As I said I don't know how much truth was init he was on about the oil and fluids been thrown around. I thought it's feasible :) and my last car I had a body kit on that was low to the ground I had to stop shopping in Asda's when they put speed bumps in the car park :D

I see what your saying but they only put a baffled sump in track cars and that's to keep oil from slipping up the side when cornering so if going up and down was going to cause it they would put baffled sumps on from the factory, also they do tests on bumpy surfaces, much more vigorous than speed bumps, when they are developing a new model, again if they had issues they would make suspension differently or baffle the sumps