Howdy

Lew

Hi all, 

Recently bought myself a scooby classic awd as a banger to keep me going. Got it at a great price, but since found out why  :(

Since owning the car I have started to fall in love and I'd like to get it back to its former glory - so I thought where better to get involved online  :)

I'm more of a driver than a "dooer upper" - but this car has had a hard cosmetic life - scrapes and bumps here and there and the interior needs a bit of attention. The thing is mechanically sound, bar the reason for the reduced price which will be sorted before the week is out, so I'm happy with my purchase so far.  B)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what this place involves and hope to pick a few brains if possible.  :)

• Like 1

Not much in the way brains to pick. We generally stick to noses.

Welcome to the club! I love a classic and its good to hear another is being saved. Chuck some pics up and let us know what info you need. [emoji106] [emoji4]

• Like 1

Not much in the way brains to pick. We generally stick to noses.

Welcome to the club! I love a classic and its good to hear another is being saved. Chuck some pics up and let us know what info you need. [emoji106] [emoji4]

Nothing like a good rummage up the nostril – it doesn’t make you a bad person  ;)

I will punt some pictures up:

a. once I take some

b. once I figure out how – I’m sure the Admins will have posted instructions somewhere  :wacko:

I’m really enjoying the car so far – it has great potential and I hope I can do it justice  B)

I will punt some pictures up:

a. once I take some

b. once I figure out how – I’m sure the Admins will have posted instructions somewhere :wacko:

You'll be lucky [emoji12] what with the local leather convention on for gambit soon it's a bit busy.

Seriously there are some guides but they are a bit outdated now,

Are you on pc site or using Tapatalk ?

Pc will need an image hosting site like photobucket,

The app you can just insert photo using the img button

Welcome along. There's a wealth of brains on here to pick at- never be afraid to ask. Really nice bunch on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the welcome Wide Sam - I'll be sure to get cracking with the questions once I get the immediate problems sorted.  :)

My immediate problem started when I decided to use my 14p off a litre at Tesco. New set of wheels so I thought I'd see how much it would take to fill the tank (seeing as the previous motor was a 2002 Volvo V70 2.4 turbo, that took a mortgage to fill).  :angry:

Anyway, once I filled the tank, I had the most monumental fuel leak all over the court. I think what I'd saved with my 14p off covered the forecourt. Ach well, at least I know the issue and the part is already sitting in my boot ready to be fitted.  -_-

Do you use tapatalk phone app?

Where abouts you located? That Tardis seems to move quite a bit.

I do use occasionally - I'm in to two wheels as well and part of a forum for that in my local area. 

Ha ha ha, my TARDIS is currently in Tayside. I'll get that changed once I figure out the whole picture ordeal.

• Like 1

You'll be lucky [emoji12] what with the local leather convention on for gambit soon it's a bit busy.

Seriously there are some guides but they are a bit outdated now,

Are you on pc site or using Tapatalk ?

Pc will need an image hosting site like photobucket,

The app you can just insert photo using the img button

Local leather convention?

I can use both - I have Taptalk, but would need to find it on my phone again and figure out how to link this up with that, but I'm sure I'll manage eventually. 

I have Photobucket, but man - its sooooo slow, I have no patience for it.

Was it the fuel pipe rusted through by any chance?

Like you wouldn't believe. I got under the car and had a good look while my nice Karrimor fleece was soaking up the large quantities of unleaded cascading from the back of my motor. Previous owner attempted a bodge job, but filling the tank has made the whole thing terminal - but the good news is my dad booked it into the garage for me for Friday. Got quarter of a tank left with no leaks so I should manage until then, 

My first legacy had the same problem. If you've not done it already and have got time, get your new one spray painted, it'll give it a bit of protection in future :)

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

My first legacy had the same problem. If you've not done it already and have got time, get your new one spray painted, it'll give it a bit of protection in future :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll try and get that done before it goes in to hospital.  B)

• 3 weeks later...