Major gear linkage problem- please help!

Hi all,

Currently stranded in Nottingham with the scoob stuck in 3rd- was just driving along normally and gearstick went all floppy- gear linkage has come off but I can't see where!

Has anyone had this before or know how to do a quick fix to get me home on Friday or how much it would cost in a garage?

Cheers in advance guys

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

I've had it happen before on a transit van. A bolt had come out the linkage below the gear stick. It was accessible under the van so I climbed under and done it back up finger tight. The linkage was in box type situation with a cover.

Have you traced all the linkage while someone gives the stick a wiggle? Find which bit is loose then go from there. If you can select 3rd and 4th then it's only you left/right movement that's loose. Saying that I also lost the left right movement on a little punto. Tightened the 10mm bolt back up and carried on. I have a chequered past with an array of cheap run arounds.

post-3548-144303855984_thumb.jpgProbably not the best pic but I borrowed it from Google and circled where the linkages are. You may not see it with a glance under the car. It's up in the tunnel with the prop shaft. You should be able to feel it and then get someone to wiggle it. If you have a Jack it'd make it easier. I nearly said ramps but that won't help in 3rd gear [emoji28]
  • Like 2

Thanks so much lads- picture was bob on- managed to find a 10mm nut and bolt to stick in to get me home- works perfectly! Another win for SOC! Strange though- never heard of one of these pins popping out before- especially as my car's only just hit 50k!

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1